last waltz

playlist: 

- last waltz by twice

- you & me by jennie

"I said I'm not going to marry him!" Yubin shouted, her voice coming out louder than she expected, her nails digging into the flesh of her palm. However, she didn't feel pain, for the news she received from her parents was far worse.

"Yubin, don't shout at us like this. We just want the best for you and we believe this is the best decision." Her mother chided, her tone even and Yubin felt her temper rising.

"What do you mean this is the best decision? I love Taehyun, and Taehyun only. I won't marry anyone else other than him, especially someone I don't love." Yubin gritted her teeth, making her point clear.

Her father was quiet the whole time as Yubin argued about the unfairness of her parent's decision, his expression set in stone. Yubin didn't want to admit it, but she was intimidated by him, fearing that he might just explode because of her defiance.

But she had a reason to get so worked up. Her parents had asked her to meet them that evening to discuss a matter over dinner, and Yubin had no idea what it was about until they dropped the bomb while she was enjoying her food.

10 minutes ago

"Yubin," Mr Jang began, "you know our business hasn't been doing well lately, and I've recently met a potential business partner, a huge one- the Kwon family."

Yubin widened her eyes. The Kwon family was one of the most influential chaebol families in their district and to be able to have the opportunity to be business partners with them was a big deal.

"And your mother and I have decided that you will marry the Kwon family's middle child, Kwon Hyun Jae. We have met Hyun Jae on several occasions and he has proven to be a suitable husband for you. It'll be good for you and our family business." Mr Jang finished.

Yubin just stared at her father, then her mother, before laughing out loud as if it was a joke. "You're joking, right? We're in the freaking 21st century. No one does arrange marriages except for us and the Kwons," Yubin asked, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes as she willed her parents to laugh along, to tell her it was all a silly prank. But her heart sank when their expressions didn't change in the slightest bit. "You're actually going to marry me off to someone I don't know? And without my prior knowledge?" She asked, her voice going up an octave at the sheer ridiculousness of the decision.

"We're not joking Yubin. It will boost our connections greatly if the Kwon family were to become business partners with us. Besides, Hyun Jae is a polite and handsome young man, and he went to a prestigious university in the States. He has the brains and looks, what more can you ask for?" Mrs Jang answered, making it seem like Yubin was the crazy one for opposing this "perfect" decision.

"If you don't remember, I have a boyfriend. What do you expect me to tell him about this? Should I go like oh, I'm getting married to someone whom I don't even know for my parent's business because they believe it's for my good, so I can't continue seeing you anymore. I'm sorry that my parents made this selfish decision. Is that what I should say?" Yubin spat, further enraging her parents.

This led to the whole argument that took place in the Jang household that night, with Yubin and her mother's loud argument disturbing the peace and Yubin's father just watching the commotion, silently fuming at his daughter's insolence.

Present

"You-" Her mother was about to argue some more when Mr Jang couldn't take it anymore and slammed a hand on the table, the sound making both women jump.

━ 𝘁𝘅𝘁 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara