unconditional (sequel to "blind")

^(suffer with me lol i was like stiffling my screams the whole time during their performance)

True to her word, Mrs Choi prepared a beautiful apartment on the outskirts of Canada for Soo-ah, even hiring a maid to take care of her. It might seem as if Mrs Choi was thoughtful, but her real intentions were to keep Soo-ah there so that her son wouldn't dwell on the girl for long and move on to someone better.

When Soo-ah arrived after a long flight from Korea, she felt numb, finding it increasingly difficult to muster up a smile for anyone who spoke to her on the journey. She hated that she was being so selfish and not telling Yeonjun about everything that happened but she had no choice if she wanted him to forget her and move on. She wanted herself to believe that she was doing the right thing for him but couldn't help feeling as if someone had torn off a piece of her. He was always there by her side, but now, she only had herself. Soo-ah sighed before following the maid to her room in the apartment, pulling her luggage along with her and sitting on the edge of the bed, feeling ever so hopeless in the unfamiliar environment.

On the other hand, Yeonjun had been pacing around the house for the past few hours, trying to think of a way to find Soo-ah. He was worried about her, whether she was well at the moment and he feared the possibility of her being all alone on her own.

He didn't know where to start, or why she even decided to leave on her own. It wasn't like Soo-ah to do something like that and she was fine that morning, even saying she was looking forward to watching a movie together that night. What triggered her to say all those things he hated hearing her say? It was just so odd for her to suddenly be so insecure about herself when he had told her countless times that she meant the world to him. And strangely, those things she said sounded similar to what his mother had said to him the other day when he brought Soo-ah over. Then it struck him, had Soo-ah overheard their conversation? Yeonjun felt his temper rise once again when he thought of the ridiculous things his mother had said and his heart ached to even think of the possibility of Soo-ah hearing all the judgement. He thought of calling up his mother, to ask her if she had anything to do with Soo-ah's disappearance but wasn't sure if accusing her of doing that was a good way to find out. She was, nevertheless, still his mother and he knew he couldn't stop himself from saying anything he would regret if he ended up getting worked up from their conversation. He pondered over whether to call his mother or not and eventually decided to call. When it came to Soo-ah, he was willing to risk everything. She was that important to him.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself down, he dialled his mother's number and waited for her to pick up. She picked up instantly as if she was expecting him to call. "Mum, I need to ask you something. Soo-ah left the house for god knows what reason and in her voice recording, she said things that were similar to our conversation the other day," Yeonjun said, already feeling exasperated while recounting the events to his mother. "And? You're asking if I have anything to do with the matter?" Mrs Choi asked, and Yeonjun could hear her eyebrow raise through her tone. "Mum, I'm being serious right now, she's missing and I'm worried about her," Yeonjun said urgently, trying to keep the harshness out of his voice. "Yeonjun, I know you're mad at me for saying such horrible things about Soo-ah, but would I ever do such a thing to you? What would I even gain from it?" Mrs Choi said calmly, covering her lies as if she were innocent. "You were the one who said you wanted "the best for me" by insulting Soo-ah and getting me to break up with her, and find some better girl. Now that she's missing, I have no choice but to link it to you. Mum, answer me honestly, do you have anything to do with Soo-ah's disappearance?" Mrs Choi sighed heavily, annoyed that her son had such little trust in her. Even if she told him where she relocated Soo-ah, he wouldn't be able to find her easily. Canada was huge and Soo-ah was on the outskirts, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. "Fine, I was the one who proposed the idea of leaving to Soo-ah over a call while you weren't at home, with the promise of a huge sum of money and an apartment for her in Canada. I didn't force her to accept anything, she accepted it on her own without much persuasion on my part," Mrs Choi admitted, her tone not giving away any sort of emotion, and certainly not regret.