"i like you" part 3

Requested by: haikyuu2212     

"Hi," Beomgyu said softly, so softly that I wouldn't have heard if I wasn't standing right next to him.

"Hi," I whispered back, before reminding myself I wasn't here for him and walked off, exchanging greetings and hugs with my other ex-classmates. However, I could always feel his gaze on me, no matter how much I tried to ignore it. Surprisingly, I didn't see Hyejin anywhere as I walked around. Even if I wouldn't admit it, I was curious if she and Beomgyu were still dating all this while.

After some time, everyone sat down at the dining table and an array of delicacies were set out before us. "Let's dig in!" Someone cheered as we all laughed and began attacking the mouth-watering feast, simply happy in one another's presence. As I stuffed forkfuls of food into my mouth, I couldn't help but feel someone's gaze from the corner of my eye. Turning my head cautiously, I looked right into Beomgyu's big doe eyes and quickly turned away, wishing I hadn't done that.

Because I didn't want to face the fact that I was still in love with him.

As expected, someone brought out a few wine bottles and almost everyone poured a glass for themselves except for me, and Beomgyu. He was standing in the corner of the room silently, observing everyone and I was trying my best not to make it obvious I was observing him.

"Hey guys, wanna play 'spin the bottle' ?'' Someone asked as many voiced their approval. Correction: they slurred their approval. They were all drunk, their movements sluggish and laughter echoed through the house as the loud music played as if we were in a bar. God damn, they were all drunk, who knows what they might do during the game. I widened my eyes as Beomgyu went over to join them as they formed a circle on the floor. "Come on y/n, don't be a party pooper." A drunk classmate slurred as I frowned and walked over before sitting down. It can't be that bad, right?

Boy was I wrong.

Minji, one of Hyejin's friends, spun the bottle and it stopped on Eunha, another friend of Hyejin's. Eunha gasped dramatically, obviously high on alcohol and a gasp left my lips after hearing the dare she was given. "I dare you to kiss Suho on the lips now," Minji announced as Suho's girlfriend, Soljin, turned over to Minji, glaring at her as if daring her to stick with the dare she gave. Minji didn't care and laughed as we all watched Eunha plant a kiss on Suho's lips, clearly shocked that Eunha carried out the dare despite knowing that Soljin would probably end ties with her after that.

I could feel my eyebrows scrunch up as I witnessed all of that sober and not able to intervene. "Y/n, can I talk to you for a while? Outside?" A tap on my shoulder made me turn around and find myself staring into Beomgyu's face. "Ok." I don't know what made me agree, maybe the chaotic surroundings or my urge to talk to him again. Standing up and brushing off my dress, I followed him out of the house into the backyard, away from the noise in the house.

"Why did you ask me to come out here?" I asked after he finally stopped walking and almost laughed out loud as I got déjà vu from the day I tried to confess to him 2 years ago.

Beomgyu seemed to get it too as his face held an unreadable expression. "What?" I asked, finding this whole situation a lot funnier than it should be. Guess I'm high too.

"Where Hyejin?" The question tumbled out before I could even process what I just said. Why should I care about where Hyejin is?

"Y/n, Hyejin and I, we broke up a few months after we graduated. She's probably still angry at me and didn't come." Beomgyu said softly, as I suddenly felt bad for asking the question.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that." There was an awkward pause. "She broke up with me because she said she was annoyed with me for bringing you up so often during our conversations and said I cared more about you than her." He added, staring into my eyes. "And I realised I did." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" Was I hearing wrongly? He said he cared more about me than her?-

"It means, I like you y/n. A lot."

I froze, too shocked to say anything.

"You're kidding." I shook my head, still processing the words hanging in the air.

"I'm not kidding, y/n. I really like you. The way your eyes sparkle when you smile, the way you always treat others with kindness even when they don't deserve it, how you are so loving and protective of people you love, and many more. And I was a fool to only realise that after we parted ways. I lost you once because of my foolishness, and I don't want to lose you again, will you be my girlfriend?" His eyes were hopeful and held a certain warmth to them that I missed a lot.

No way did he say that. My mouth opened and closed, but no words came out. His smile faded a little and he glanced away sadly when I didn't answer after a while. "I understand if you don't wish to be together with me after how ignorant I was in the past, I'll leave if you want me to." He said, turning away from me.

Instinctively, I reached out to grab his hand and pulled him towards me. "You really mean it?" I asked, my voice slightly trembling from the sliver of doubt within me. I half expected him to say he was kidding and it was all a joke but he just cupped my cheek with one hand and smiled. "Of course I mean it." That was enough for me to close the distance between us as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smelt like mint and a faint scent of citrus as he leaned towards me and pressed his lips to mine. They were soft and caressing mine like silk, sending the butterflies in my stomach into a flurry. He ran his fingers through my hair, and every touch from his fingertips against my skin sent tingly sensations down my spine.

When he pulled away, I'm pretty sure my cheeks were flushed and I was probably grinning like an idiot. This was what love feels like huh. I thought to myself as we shared a soft smile, one that made my heart flutter like never before.

"I like you too." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------