Chapter 10: Status Update

Start from the beginning

[Are there any more questions lingering in your mind that need enlightenment?] (??)

None. I am satisfied with what I heard.

[Is that so? Ahahahaha! Even if you end the conversation there, we will meet more in the future anyway] (??)

Huh?

Wai--

AND I HOPE YOU WILL LIVE A GOOD LIFE IN THIS WORLD

...

...

...

[Huh?]

With that, the white plain that I saw immediately becomes the view of the blue sky, clouds, birds, and the stretched rectangular reticle visual sensor of Ronin staring at me.

[Welcome back, pilot] (Ronin)

[Jack!?] (Nene) 

[Big brother woke up!!!] (Tanya)

[Phew~ I thought he was done for, I am glad it was not the worst-case scenario] (Rikka) The heck?!

[You guys...where?] I looked at the tactical map and saw that we were still near the lakeside, the aftermath of the battle is still here as evidenced by the burnt trees and decayed matter as well as the body of the hydra being still there, unmoving.

I sat upright and then stood, still my head feels like I got the worst hangover. It hurts, but it was now bearable and probably okay. The girls sighed in relief, I guess I really made everyone worried...I felt bad for making them worry.

[I guess we have more reason to rush our travels to the nearby city, let's get moving] I still feel like shit, but I feel like I dreamed of something before waking up...what was it though? Was it important? I guess...not?

[Are you sure you're fine? You look pale earlier, so I think we should just stay here for a bit before continuing] (Nene)

[Uhn, big brother does not look good even right now] (Tanya) Ehhhhh??????

[You have a pale complexion, pilot. Resting is recommended to aid the exhaustion of both the mind and body] (Ronin)

[Haaah. Fine] I laid back on the ground and closed my eyes...I guess taking a rest after strenuous activity is good as well.

That means the continuation of the trip will be postponed until tomorrow.

Dear god, I'm (35) 20 but my back hurts, right, Tanya was hugging me in my neck the whole time during the fight with the hydra so that was probably the reason. I see, so this will just dissipate after some time and rest.

[Please protect these girls, I will just take a comfortable nap in this place] Since it is not good to lie down on the ground, especially near the lakeside where monsters might just pop out of nowhere.

[Affirmative] (Ronin) Along with its affirmation, I also let the plasma drone from earlier come back to its dispenser and then stored it back in the INVENTORY. 

Though after I woke up, it is now harder for me to sleep back. In the end, I just looked at my character status screen and Ronin.

================================================================================

TITAN: RONIN
GAUGE: 75%
LEVEL: 1/10 [1,000/100,000]

HP: 7,500/7,500
ENERGY: 500/500
ATK: 150
DEF: 180
END: 250

SKILLS:
ORDNANCE: ARC WAVE LV1

DEFENSIVE ABILITY: SWORD BLOCK---
+ARC FIELD LV1

TACTICAL ABILITY:
PHASE DASH LV1