Chapter 13

"So when am I going to shift? Do I have special abilities too?" I can't keep the smile from my face.
"I told you he'd be excited."
Pa sighs "Riley, you won't be able to shift until you fully finish the mating ceremony. And currently, it's safer for you to wait before that happens."
"What do you mean? I want my powers!"
Suddenly Alex knocks on the door. Dad gets up to open the door, letting me see Alex's worried face.
"I need to go, can I say goodbye to him?"
"Fine, but we aren't done here. We'll be in contact."
With a smile, Alex responds "Of course, thank you"
I stand as Alex walks up to me, immediately bending to wrap me in his arms. His head buried in my neck, I smile and wrap my arms around him in return. It takes him a minute before he pulls away leaving a kiss on my forehead as he goes. "I'll see you again Riley, study well there will be a test tomorrow." fuck, I do not understand the current topic.
"That's enough now," Pa interrupts, "I'll see you out."
Alex turns with a sigh following him out the door.
"We are going to have to hide your relationship for the time being."
"What!" I exclaim in shock.
"It would've been easier had your mate been a regular werewolf. But Alexander Stevens is not a regular werewolf in the slightest." Dad calmly explains to me, "Alexander is the Alpha of the Shadow Moon pack. Meaning he is the leader of the pack and stronger than other werewolves. Werewolves pick up on scents easier than humans. And his scent is now all over you, because of his claim. Any werewolf will be able to tell if we don't mask the scent, it will only put a target on your back."
"Oh, okay. If it's the best option. Can I go to my room? I need to process this," I can't help but speak quietly. Everything is starting to sink in now. And how come I already miss Alex?
Dad nods with a small smile.
I walk back up to my room, shutting the door behind me. I can't help but feel sad about hiding Alex and I's relationship, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can still smell him. Oh, he left his jacket.
Quickly grabbing it I wrap myself up in Alex's jacket. I'll Have to return it tomorrow but I can enjoy his smell in the meantime. School is going to be difficult now.

Heeyy,
Yep it's me, back from the dead again. Don't know how long ill be around for this time I keep forgetting to write this stuff. To busy with personal projects.
Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment and share