Chapter 8

I decided to go for a walk in the woods today. I haven't gone for a walk in a while and I miss it.  I change into a pair of dark grey track pants and a black t-shirt. I sneak out through the backdoor making sure to not wake anyone up. I climb over the back fence and follow the familiar trail into the woods. 

I smile as I walk through the forest, taking in all the sounds of the forest. I follow the path until I end up at the waterfall. I love sitting by the waterfall with my bare feet dangling in the water. I lean back on my arms and just relax. I'm really confused about my relationship with Mr Stevens now. We aren't dating and he's my teacher but the things he makes me feel. I should probably stop this before we get caught, I can't have him losing his job on his conscience. It's not like he likes me, I'm way out of his league. 

I think I heard a growl coming from the tree line. No, it can't be, I'm too young to die. I stand up, scrambling to get away as I watch a wolf the size of a bear come out of the tree line. He has a beautiful pure black coat and red eyes. I wait to accept my fate, waiting for my life to end.  I watch frozen as the wolf lowers itself to the ground and crawls a bit closer towards me. I try to walk backwards away from the wolf, I yell out as I trip over a rock. I can feel pain through the back of my arms and back. 

I close my eyes and just wait for the wolf to kill me, no one will miss me anyway. I wait for what feels like forever before I feel a breath across my face before a big wet tongue licks my face. I yelp in surprise, still expecting the wolf's teeth to clamp down on my neck. I slowly open my eyes releasing a breath as I do. Just to see the wolf sitting right in front of me with its tail wagging. I gasp and try to crawl away. But I stop when the wolf whimpers. What does it want from me? I slowly approach it again. It lays its head down as I approach. Carefully when I reach the wolf I reach my hand out. Slowly my hand reaches the wolfs back and I rest my hand on it. The wolf growls but it sounds more like a purr than a growl. I carefully start to run my hand along the wolf's fur, patting the wolfs back. 

The wolf seems happy with this as its tail starts wagging more than before. As I start to understand that the wolf doesn't mean to hurt me I unconsciously move closer towards the wolf. Until the wolf ends up laying with its head on my lap. I start to relax more and more feeling safe around the wolf. I keep patting the wolfs beautiful silky black fur. I never want this moment to end it's so peaceful and calming. I need to come back to this waterfall sometime again. I'm starting to feel tired as I relax more and more. The wolf seems to notice as he gently pushes me to lie down before wrapping itself around my body. I quickly bury my head into the wolf's fluffy fur wanting its warmth. I start to relax more and more as I breathe in the amazingly calming scent that the wolf has. 

Slowly I start to drift asleep. 

Sorry for the late upload I have had to deal with assignments and sacrifices recently, this chapter is a bit shorter but I wanted to get something out for you guys.

Sending thoughts and prayers