chapter 49

I arrived home from the market, just after I have gone to put Dam at the airport. The weather was perfect, a gentle breeze was enough for me to put on the baggy Nirvana sweater I kept in the back of Nica's car, which had become almost mine. That day was for celebration, the discovery of my baby girl. Inside a reusable cloth bag, I carried 2 frozen pizzas, frozen cinnamon rolls, and a tea for the next day. Some people still stopped me in the street, asking me why the band's tour was postponed a year and a half, why I didn't show up at interviews and award shows. I always evaded the subject, and tried to be as nice as possible, although sometimes it was difficult.

Nica was almost asleep on our new sofa, together with Aiko, Laika and Chilli, the dogs. With my arrival, Aiko barked until she woke up, Laika almost took the bag out of my hands and Chilli was asking for cuddles. My sister's gaze was filled with curiosity, she wanted to know the sex. The baby shower was being planned for 1 month later, I couldn't give neither her nor y family what they wanted.

"Tell me everything," she said, sitting on the dining table with her left leg over her right leg.

"How is the child's father?"

"He looks like a hippie. I'm serious," I laughed.

"You too," she replied.

"And horny as hell, God."

"It's normal, imagine spending so much time alone at a retreat. You two...," she asked.

"No. I didn't let him."

"Good girl," she smiled, "you scared me, you idiot."

"Don't say that. I brought dinner."

"Oh, how sweet. But I know what you're doing, so let's not run away from this conversation," she looks at me with that look that intimidates anyone.

"We just need some time."

"Don't say that. You ran away from him, and now I don't know why you haven't come back into his arms."

"You mean you're on his side?"

"Victoria de Angelis," the brunette points out, "the moment an alcoholic has justified actions due to their alcoholism, especially against other people, then they can say I'm officially dead and was never called Nica de Angelis. That not only includes you but him as well."

"Finally, someone says what I think," I put my hands up.

"Yeah. And that kid, how's he doing?

"Fine," I sigh.

"It's a boy, right?"

"I don't know," I said.

"Ok, I won't insist, but if you want..."

"That's enough, Nica. I still have food to make and the dog terrace to clean. Isn't that right, Laika," I said as I ran my hand through her dark fur.

"You are exhausted, Vitto. Let me do this, you rest here. I didn't work much today, don't worry."

"Lascia stare," I sigh, "anyway."

"Give me that bag," she ordered.

I sat on the sofa and covered myself with a grey blanket. Beside me was Chilli, my little old lady. It was hard to believe that she would be 7 years old in a little while. Little Aiko of months was learning to behave with her, who was a peace of soul. Laika, the curious one, was in the kitchen peeking in on what Nica was doing. Meanwhile, I could smell the cinnamon rolls in the distance, which brought the feeling of a comforting autono in a quiet summer. Time passed, and I heard Nica's voice calling me. Before I can get up, I hear some footsteps in the kitchen that didn't sound like hers. I walk over, with the blanket covering my back. But I drop it as soon as I see who was sitting at the table next to Nica. Ethan, my dear Ethan, and Laura.

GOLDWING (ing version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें