Ganeshade, the Halidom of Terror

Start from the beginning

"Katsurayama-san, please be careful..."

"Yes."

The ambassadors walked with Katsurayama and Odagiri in the lead. The temple has an altar-like structure at the back, with a large Arachne woman sitting in the center.

"...Are you a representative of the Halidom of Ganeshade?"

"Why yes. I am the High Priestess of Ganeshade, my name is Hembu, the ruler of this country."

She is a voluptuous woman who looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties, but she is showing an indescribably eerie smile.

"And what brings representatives of so many different countries all the way to a countryside like this?"

Apparently, they are aware that their civilization is inferior and primitive compared to others. However...

'And yet, what is this overwhelming sense of intimidation?'

Katsurayama replied with Odagiri next to him, oozing cold sweat.

"We have received information that your Arachne tribeswomen were involved in the terrorist—armed attack on the hotel in the Sindhvan Community capital of Baletar on Day 25 of the 9th Month, and we are here to confirm the truth of this information."

Hembu kept her eerie smile in place as she stared at Katsurayama's gaze.

"Oh, what's wrong with the Divine Punishment we have inflicted on those godless heathens?"

"!"

Katsurayama realized this at this point. She was not going to listen to them.

"...Is your God the kind of being who would be willing to violate others?"

"What do you say? What is the need for forgiveness in inflicting Divine Punishment on anyone other than us, God's chosen race?"

He heard the unmistakably religious phrase, "God's chosen race," and his suspicions, which had been 80% confirmed, were now clear.

"Then, you have no intention of apologizing to the nations, including our own?"

"Why should we apologize to godless heathens?"

Hembu did not seem offended at all. On the contrary, she was still grinning.

"...If this goes on, we will have to inflict tremendous casualties on your country. And yet, you say you have nothing to apologize for?"

"Go ahead if you can. I'll let you go this once. So tell that to your home countries as soon as possible... if you want to use force against our country, which even the world-strongest Yetisk will not dare to attack, then you should be prepared to lose some lives of your own. If you don't want to do that, then you should take advantage of our faith in God and enjoy its blessings."

"Our country recognizes freedom of religion. The persecution of other faiths by one monotheistic religion is unacceptable. Therefore, it would also be unacceptable to accept a violent god of your country."

"Then there is no point in talking. Scram."

The dialogue ended before it even begins. This was no way to negotiate.

The other envoys seemed to agree, shaking their heads in Katsurayama's line of sight.

"...Very well. We will leave you with this for today. We will meet again at some point... although I am not sure when."

"Who knows...?"

As soon as Katsurayama turned on his heel, the other envoys followed suit. Another Arachne, standing on Hembu's side as she saw Katsurayama and the others off, whispered to her.