☁️ My Own Special Hero 🦋

*Requested* Butterscotch x reader

Author's Note: Thank you @GemKeeperInfinite! This is a mixture of your request and a Christmas special! So I hope you enjoy it! Btw, (H/n) is heroine's name. Can be made up if you want it to be.
Merry Christmas Y'all!!!

Everyone knew when Elusive was having one of his famous fashion shows at the school.

'How' you may ask?

Well...

"Everything that could ever go wrong in the history of fashion shows has literally gone wrong!" The boy whined, slamming his stressed face on the lunch table with misery.

You paused midway from eating your mashed potatoes and rose an unamused eyebrow. You shared looks with the other boys and shrugged.

It was around this time in December when Elusive hosted a Christmas special show. The only problem he ever had to deal with it was having to decorate the entire gym. "What's the problem, pretty boy?" You asked before continuing to eat.

"The crew that I usually hire to come in and help me set up all got sick! They caught the seasonal flu! Normally, I'd be ok with helping decorate my own room design, but the show is tonight and I won't have time to finish it all by myself!" Elusive explained, picking defeatedly at the meatloaf on his plate.

AJ scratched his head. "That is true. This weather changed faster than granny switching out 'er teeth! Big Mac's sittin' at home now with the same cold."

Dusk Shine frowned before placing a hand on Elusive's shoulder. "Don't worry, E. We'll help you set up the gym."

Elusive perked up at the news.
"Really? You guys would help me on short notice in such a short amount of time?"

"Of course, man!"
"Yeah!"
"We're always here to help!"
"You can count me in!"
"Absolutely!"
"(Y/n)? Butterscotch? You two in?"

The animal loving boy tensed at suddenly being put on the spot. "O-Oh! Y-Yeah, yeah! I'd be glad to help."

You rolled your eyes. "Well duh. I've got nothing better to do. And if I don't, Fairy Godmother'll get depressed again."

The pale boy glared in offense. "Hey!"
The rest of the table began to laugh.
That is, everyone except Butterscotch.

He bit his lip.
He'd seen some of Elusive's fashion show decors. His friend liked to deck the entirety of the room out.

As in, needing to watch your head so you don't get whacked with a metal pole!
As in, slippery paint that might slip you up and onto your butt!
As in, hard to reach areas where you might fall!

Butterscotch knew you could be a little standoffish, but his crush on you always made him worry for your safety. And you being in a room full of guys who'll be doing heavy lifting and magic and flying? His heart practically trembled with anxiety.