⏰ First Time Meeting Headcanon🎈

🎈Bubble Berry x reader 🎈

— Alright.

— Mark it in your calendars.

— Tell all your friends.

— Because this year's (birthday date)?

— Had to be the absolute. WORS—sorry,
B E S T. Birthday. Ever. *sarcasm*

— 'Why' May you ask?

— Well you see-

— It all started when you looked out the window this morning.

— It... was raining.

— "Oh... well. We can't have a nice sunny birthday every birthday." You shrugged, staying optimistic even though it did kind of suck.

— You pulled on your favorite outfit and walked downstairs to find your tiny mother making breakfast.

— You perked up at the sight of her back to you.

— "Maybe a nice birthday breakfast will help start the day off better!" You beamed, only for your mother to turn to you with a look of horror and shame.

— "Oh dear... I'm sorry hun, but I didn't get to go grocery shopping this weekend. I've just been so busy at work that I completely forgot about today. I didn't even remember to buy you a gift! I'm so sorry." She said pitifully.

— She began to tear up a bit, making you quickly put up a warm smile and come over to her, wrapping your arms around her and resting your cheek on her head.

— "Aww mom don't cry! It's ok! I know how hard you always work to keep me happy! Who needs presents when I've got the greatest gift right here?"

— She began to laugh as you squeezed her tight and nuzzle into her hair.

— You then let her go and checked the cabinet for any food. You grabbed a box of cereal from the top.

— "Besides, who doesn't like a nice delicious bowl of..."

— Your smile faltered a bit as you read the label.

— "Heh heh... Heart Healthy Corn Flakes..."

— Your mother gave you a sad smile.

— "If you want, I could always take you to one of the nice breakfast nooks in town before school."

— You were already pouring the stale cereal into a bowl when you shook your head at her.

— "If you did that, you'd be late for work. You've never been late before and I don't want you to break that record! You're on roll mom!" You said, pouring the milk over the flakes and sitting at the table.

— Your mother came over and kissed your head.

— "Ok... if you insist. But I'm still going to get you a gift by the end of the day, ok sweetie?"

— You nodded in agreement as you lifted a spoonful of cereal to your lips with a sigh.

— She'd remember later, but your mom had the late shift tonight. Meaning that you mostly wouldn't see her till tomorrow afternoon.

— "This is fine. Loads of other kids' parents work overnight on their kid's birthday. Nothing to get worked up about. No biggy." You thought convincingly.

— You braced yourself first another bite of the soggy corn flakes.

— Hopefully, you'll have a better day at school.

🎈🎈🎈

— ... *Sigh*

— "At this point, I just wanna to go home." You thought as you pressed the ice pack closer to the back of your head.