⏰ Flirty Headcanon 🍎

Applejack x reader

*Requested* @meltinggunmybunny , I got you! This was a nice one that I was able to finish up real quick but still have a good little storyline for ya! I promise that I'm still writing

*Requested* @meltinggunmybunny , I got you! This was a nice one that I was able to finish up real quick but still have a good little storyline for ya! I promise that I'm still writing. I can be just very very  v e r y  slow. Thanks for being patient with me! Hope y'all enjoy this one!

——

— Applejack is considered a sure kind of guy. He has to be if he wants people to believe him when he tells the truth.

— It's as simple as that.

— If you want others to believe in you, you have to believe in yourself. Period.

— So why is it so hard to show that same confidence around you?

— Like no seriously.

— He gets Butterscotch shy.

— It's not like he'd never gotten a compliment from a girl before.

— Heck! He'll playfully flirt back with them.

— But when you run over to wrap your arms around him and say "Morning, handsome! Is my muscle man doing good today~" with that condescending smirk gracing your lightly glossed lips?

— It's 8:00 in the morning woman!

— AJ can always feel the heat rise from his toes to his stomach and all the up to his ears.

— And the same type of response he can only muster up is, "I-I-you-errr-g-good-uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yep."

— Hearing you giggle makes it 10x worse. Like, he's fighting the urge to turn pink like Berry! Stop stopping his heart too!

— Don't get me started on whenever you take his hat and placed it on your head.

— "AJ? Have I ever told you your hat is iconic?" "Uhh-Umm—" "Yeah! It makes you you! My favorite country boy. My favorite boy period. Say, if I get my own hat, would you make me your country gal~?"

— It's the fact that he's your favorite for him.

— And you specifically said 'gal' perfectly and not the normal 'girl'?

— And you look so good with his hat on, gosh!

— He's going to explode one day.

— Applejack is always caught off guard too. Whenever he sees you coming, he always thinks he'll have the upper hand this time to flirt back.

— But he never does.

— For an excellent example, your teacher paired you together to research the human body and its functions.

— When the two of you went to the back of the library with the comfy couches to study, Applejack had been prepared for your hand to purposefully brush against his, or your careless whispers in his ear of how smart he is, or even your cheek snuggling up against his shoulder.