Well, You've Changed

"Hi, Tessa."

Since when does my sister call me Tessa?

"What are you doing here?" I asked. My fingers must have been making red marks on Hoechlin's arm by now.

"I'm dating Tyler," Maya responded, her hands on her hips.

My eyes widened. "This-" I turned to Hoechlin. "Maya is your girlfriend?"

Hoechlin nodded uncomfortably. I couldn't believe it! What did he see in her? What was there possibly to see? She has been so mean to me all my life and now she's dating sweet, genuine, adorable, caring Tyler Hoechlin.

How else can she get to me?

"Tessa, why did you just leave?"

I huffed and crossed my arms. "I didn't really think you'd care."

Maya's face is grave and she looks hurt for a second. "Tessa, I'm so sorry. I'm so so so so so so so so incredible sorry." She sobbed, tears streaming down her face. "I've been such a you-know-what to you all these years and I've never even stopped to think about your feelings. I ever even thought about the face that I was upsetting you. I've been such a mean person and I want to ha he that. When you left, I started to worry and that's when I realized I've been doing everything all wrong. I need to care for my little sister. I need to love her and look out for her. I'm so sorry, Tessa."

I kind of just stood there, looking at her cry.

Looking at the complete sadness in her face.

Looking at the fact that she's being honest.

That I may finally have a real big sister.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked, my voice shaky.

Maya looked up at me and gulped, then smiled. "I'd love that."

So I went into her open arms and felt them wrap around my petite body for I think the first time in my whole life.

I was in my sisters arms.

She loved me.

She was hugging me.

For real.

And then I broke away and said, "How'd you know where I was?"

Maya smiled a little and turned around. "You can come out now." She called behind her.

Blonde hair stepped out of the shadows and a cheeky smile stared at me.

"How's it goin, Tessalyn?" Asked a British accent.

My face brightened. "Carter?!"

I ran to him and jumped into his arms, giving him a huge bear hug. "I told you not to tell anyone!" I teased.

He grinned down at me from his superior height. "It was an emergency."

I returned his happy expression and turned to Hoechlin.

"You know, Hoech. You're pretty much screwed if you have to deal with her." I told him, jamming a thumb at Maya.

For the first time ever, she laughed.

And when Hoechlin actually smiled at me, a once in a lifetime thing, I knew everything was going to be okay.

Everything was going to get better.

Everything was going to work out with my life.

I pulled Maya into a hug with Carter, one big happy family.

And I though about how a few days ago, I thought Carter was the closest thing I had to a loving family member.

But, no.

That wasn't true.

I had my sister.

*A/N-EXTRA CHAPTER FOR MY AMAZING READERS. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANKS FOR ALL THE VOTES AND LOVELY COMMENTS. THEY MAKE MY DAY💚💛💜💙❤️