Wolf Work

I stayed up late into the hours of the night, researching all the details of Teen Wolf, finding information about the show. I only showed myself upstairs when Maya beckoned me to make more lemonade or bring the boys towels after they got out of the pool that our Dorm room shared with the Frat house next door.

Otherwise, I hid in my lair, researching to the sound of the shouts upstairs over the music in my ears.

Slipping into bed at four in the morning, I smiled as I fell asleep, wondering when I was gonna wake up from the best dream of my life.

*****

I was on a lacrosse field, weighed down by padding, the ball in my stick. I looked around, utterly confused. I saw a cute boy in a lacrosse helmet walking up to me. He pressed his mask to mine and smiled cheekily through the helmets.

"Tessa, you can do this. It's just you and their goalie. Come on, Tessa, I know what you are capable of. You can score on him any day."

I smiled at him and said, "Thanks, Dyl," without thinking about it.

"There's the Tessa I know." He said smiling. He pushed me up to the line and I heard a whistle blow.

The goalie hopped back and forth, trying to psych me out. But it didn't work. I lunged foreword and brought my lacrosse stick through the air. The ball swished through the hoop before the goalie had time to react.

Everything was silent, and then it all happened at once. The crowd erupted in cheers and ten players bombarded me. They slapped my back and yelled, their cheers exploding throughout the field.

Dylan chucked his helmet into the air, running a hand through his sweaty hair and kissing my cheek. "I told you you could do it." He lifted me up and plopped me on his shoulders. He put his hands in the air and screamed, "CHAMPS!"

Everyone hooped and hollered and the smile stayed on my face as I sat on Dylan's shoulders, like this was totally normal.

******

I wokewith a start, realizing it was all a dream. I pulled off the covers, exposing my sweaty body. Looking at the clock as I got out of bed, I see that it's 6:00.

I showered, letting the warm water calm me down. That wasn't the first time I've had dreams with the Teen Wolf cast in them. But that was probably the best one I had ever had.

Remembering the Wolf Watch interview on Saturday, I grinned, bouncing up and down with excitement as I pulled on a sundress and a pair of gray vans.

I had a funny feeling in my gut. Like a feeling that I had never gotten before. And then I realized what it was. No wonder I had never had this feeling before. It was....excitement.