Dear Diary

Okay, let's start by saying my name is Tessalyn Thalia Tucker. Could it get any worse than that? Oh, absolutely.

First of all, I'm the least popular girl in school. Second, my twin sister, Maya, tall and pretty and athletic and a straight-A student, out performs me at EVERYTHING. Third, I have absolutely no friends, no one to vent to, no one to hang out with, no one who gives a crap about me.

And to top it all off, I have this insane crush on a boy named Daniel. And you know, I'd have a pretty good chance with him. If I had ever met him. If he knew I existed. If life was perfect and dreams actually came true and all that bull.

But guess what? We don't live in a fantasy world where there're perfect first kisses, and beautiful dates, and happily married couples. Because none of that exists in my world. And none of it ever will.

But to be totally honest, I really don't believe in all that disgusting romance crap anyway. A crush is called a crush for a reason. I mean, since when do girls ever end up with the boy they met in high school? Never. Well, almost never. And even if I did believe in sappy love stuff, I'd never experience it first hand. Because who could love a girl like me? Definitely not Daniel Sharman, that's for sure.