A Beckon from the Beacon

The next day of classes was just as weird as Monday's. Once again, everyone stared at me, parted in the hallway to make room for me, grinned or pointed at me.

I kept to myself like I usually do, not speaking to anyone except the teachers. I got three tests back, 100, 98, and 94, boosting my average up to a 101.4.

I had to sit through Calculus, Chem, and Shakespeare Lit, writing an essay about Romeo and Juliet.

Bored out of my mind in last class AP Economics, I bounced my knee under my desk, watching the clock tick its way to 1:00.

When the class finally ended, I was the first out of the classroom, sprinting down the hall, grabbing my books, and running home, stuffing them in my bag.

I busted through the the doors, throwing myself down the chute, not bothering to take my backpack off. I landed on my desk and immediately checked my phone. This time I had three new messages.

Maya: Have a pitcher of Lemonade ready when I get home. I'm brining ten track guys over for a group study.

I groaned, taking a screenshot of the message so I didn't forget.

Carter: what was up with everyone in school today? Why was everyone staring at you?

I responded right away: I wish I knew, Carter

I opened up the third message to find the same thing as yesterday.

15164929492: watch the Wolf Watch interview from Saturday, June 17

I frowned. This person must be purposefully texting me. As Dylan O'Brien says in Teen Wolf, once is an incident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern. But I couldn't afford to wait another day.

So I clicked onto Internet on my laptop and typed in Wolf Watch June 17

I clicked on the first video that popped up at plugged in my headphones.

"Do you read your fanfictions?" The interviewer was asking Daniel, Dylan, Posey, and Hoechlin. Jeff Davis sat next to them, smiling brightly.

"No." They all answered simultaneously.

Daniel held up his hands. "But I do read my fan mail." He pulls a crumpled up piece of paper from the back pocket of his jeans. "I kept this one because of how well written it was and because the person didn't just talk about me, she talked about the whole cast. She also mentioned how she loves to act." Daniel added. "And she's really pretty." He says, blushing. "I don't know why, but I loved this letter."

The letter was passed around until they had all read it, then handed to the interviewer.

She looked at it, raising her eyebrows. "Wow," she said, smiling, "this is amazing."

Dylan leaned forward on the couch. "I like the part where she called me gorgeous." He said, smirking.

Hoechlin punched his arm and Posey burst out laughing. "You are pretty sexy." He said, through laughter.

Daniel's eyes widen and everyone started laughing along with Hoechlin and Tyler Posey.

I laughed at there silliness. Dylan was such a goofball, he always started the fun. And then the interviewer turned to Jeff Davis and handed him the letter. "I think you might want to take a look at this." She said, shoving the paper at him.

There was a comfortable silence. as Jeff Davis read the letter, his eyes wide, his moth hanging open. "I want this girl on Wolf Watch next Saturday. We need to talk to her."

Daniel grinned handsomely. "Okay," he turned to the camera, "shout out to Tessalyn Thalia Tucker. Come join us, Saturday, June 24 at four o' clock." And then the video ended abruptly, Daniel's smiling face lodged in my mind.

My jaw dropped and my laptop slipped off my lap, falling to the floor with a clatter. I was going to be on Wolf Watch.