Chapter Twenty-Nine: Tuesday, January 3

There was more than Sana expected. Food, water, clothes, medical supplies, and more. It was only strictly necessary stuff, but it was still good to have a change of clothes. It'd been too long wearing that uniform. Sana couldn't even remember how many days straight she'd been wearing it. She just tried not to think about it. Instead, she dutifully and wordlessly pulled out boxes from the helicopter and started to sort the contents into piles. Soon enough, everyone had taken and dealt with their own, relevant piles, and there were only two boxes left. It was good work. Mr Joestar had a new prosthetic hand, and he'd finally gotten it working. Sana took a break and watched as he flexed it, and fought the urge to do the same with her own, definitely non-prosthetic hand. She didn't. Instead, she turned her attention to Jotaro and the dark-haired employee, who were bringing out the last two boxes. No doubt she would have to sort those, too.

"Here are the supplies you ordered, sir," the employee said, placing the box in front of Mr Joestar.

"Oh, thank you!" Mr Joestar grinned.

"There are medical supplies and a change of clothes, too. We've also taken the liberty of bringing a camera to use with your Stand," the employee said, like he was consciously remembering a spiel. He opened the box and handed Mr Joestar the camera.

"Oh, yeah, I suppose it'll be a lot easier than using a TV, right?" Mr Joestar said, inspecting it. "Oh, I know-" he paused, and turned to everyone else. "Look sharp, men!" Everyone glanced over at him. What was he planning..?

Evidently, he was planning a commemorative photo. Sana found herself next to Jotaro and Noriaki, at the back, trying not to look too awkward. Everyone had just rushed into a position, but Sana soon relaxed. It was just another photo, after all. But finally, one with all of them in. Even the ones she'd taken had no more than three people in them. It would be nice to have one of all of them together, she had to agree with Mr Joestar on that.

So, as the employees counted down to the press of the button, Sana posed, and smiled, a genuine smile. She couldn't wait to look back at this. Already, she was happy about it. All the memories that this would bring back... it would be good, Sana knew it.

After the photo was taken, Mr Joestar looked at it approvingly, and handed it to Mr Avdol, who handed it to Polnareff, who eventually gave it to Sana. She held it delicately, like she might break it, and her gaze greedily took in the image. Yes, it was perfect. They looked great.

"Fantastic," Noriaki said, looking over Sana's shoulder. "This is a perfect memento."

"Isn't it?" Sana smiled, handing the photo to Jotaro, who had wordlessly appeared. The only person who hadn't seen it yet. It was only fair. Jotaro was careful with it. Sana wasn't sure if she expected that level of care, actually, but he held it so delicately, like it might fall apart in his hands.

Jotaro looked at the picture for a while, and Sana picked up on something. "You can keep it. Just don't tear it. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind."

Jotaro glanced up at her. "You have the others."

"Exactly. You can have this one," Sana said. "Besides, it's not like I won't be able to see it most days, as long as you don't lose it."

"I won't," Jotaro said, simply, and tucked it in his pocket.

"Someday, we'll be able to look back on this, and think of fond memories," Noriaki mused. "It's a strange concept. In the future, we'll probably think about this exact conversation. It's odd, to know that you're thinking of yourself at this very moment."

Sana frowned, trying to picture her future self remembering this. Then she understood, and yes, he was right, it felt weird. "I'm not sure I like that. How deep do you need to get? It's a Tuesday."