Chapter Four: Tuesday, November 29

A/N: So much of a jojo fan that I made chapter four be the one where everything went wrong ;-;

Sana awoke in a cold sweat before her alarm went off. There was no point in going back to sleep and she knew it; her heart was racing and her hands shook. Wracked with fear and guilt - though for what, she wasn't sure - Sana went to get something to eat. She could head to the Kujo residence early today and help prepare breakfast, and maybe take over some of Ms Kujo's morning chores, since she had that cold yesterday. The plan helped to ease Sana's mind a little, but not enough to fully quieten it.

Her mother was in the kitchen when Sana got there. It was her mother's day off, but she always got up early anyway and cooked a wonderful breakfast, if Sana was awake to eat it. Luckily, today, she was.

"Good morning. How come you're-" her mother paused and surveyed her daughter, who had dark shadows under her brown eyes and cuts and bruises all over her. "What happened to you?"

"It's a long story," Sana said, sitting at the table. She tapped a beat on the wooden surface. To you 2-3-4, Yes, my love to you 2-3-4. She didn't even think about it, but her mother noticed.

"We have time."

"I'm going to the Kujo residence early. Ms Kujo isn't well. I want to take over more of the chores for her until she feels a little better," Sana said, stilling her fingers.

Her mother frowned. "You still have time. It's early."

Sana sighed. "Yesterday I fought someone because he pushed Jotaro down the stairs." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth.

Sana's mother paused, holding a saucepan in mid-air. "You don't like Jotaro."

"Correct."

"Then why would you get beaten up for him?"

"Ms Kujo asked me to stay with him," Sana said. "So I did."

"I wonder if teenagers were always this strange," her mother muttered. "So, he couldn't fight himself?"

"No. The other guy beat him," Sana said. She got up to make herself a coffee. Her head was starting to hurt.

"He beat Jotaro? Must've been pretty strong. And you still tried to fight him?" her mother glanced at her, remarkably unbothered. "I didn't raise you as the type to do that."

Sana shrugged and started to make herself some coffee. "I don't know what to say. I fought him."

"And did you win?"

Sana measured out the teaspoons of instant coffee. It was the best stuff they had, but all it was really good for was early mornings when you couldn't taste anything. "No. But I bought Jotaro enough time to get back up and fight him properly. Jotaro won in the end."

Her mother sighed without another word, and dished up Sana some breakfast. Sana ate and drank obediently, not having the energy to talk more. She could still sense that storm brewing somewhere, much closer than it had been yesterday.

"Well, I suppose it's best you fought to help a friend," her mother eventually said, as Sana was finishing her food. "Just don't go doing it again. I don't need more trouble on my hands."

Sana shrugged. "I don't intend to. Getting beaten up by a new kid isn't my idea of fun."

Her mother laughed, and then stopped. "Sana, I just want you to be careful. I feel like there's something big on the horizon. Maybe I'm just delusional, but..." she paused, and her face softened. "Just don't do anything stupid, okay?"

"Okay," Sana said. "I'm gonna go now. Thank you for the breakfast, it was great." Sana smiled at her mother, who waved as she left. Sana grabbed her bag and went out of the door.