Chapter Twenty-Four: Wednesday, December 28 + Thursday, December 29

A/N:  I made a playlist for the poker game. The scene wasn't supposed to be in here but I impulsively wrote it after listening to 'Catallena' by Orange Caramel and 'Ring The Alarm' by KARD. Just gave me "Kakyoin has meme energy in a poker game" vibes and then oops, this happened. So, slight spoiler for this chapter, there's a poker game I really enjoyed writing. The playlist is called 'you ever just write a poker game for fun' on Spotify by user sophseblars. and yes that's outing my spotify user but you're here so you're probably as insane as me. anyway this is too long so onto the actual thing :))

And so the group boarded without a hitch, Mr Avdol took control of the submarine, and the others just sat back and enjoyed the peace. They were finally crossing the Red Sea, and were fast approaching Egypt. That thought made Sana's heart rate increase a little. To think that they were so close...

It was terrifying, but it filled Sana with determination. They'd come this far. They couldn't stop now, no matter how much the enemy threw at them. They had a mission to complete, and they'd do it, no matter the cost.

Still, for now, Sana was content to sit on one of the seats in the submarine, and rest in what peace they had for now. No doubt once they got to Egypt, the enemy Stand attacks would increase in both danger and frequency. Sana had already learned to take every quiet moment as a gift. You never knew what was going to happen next. It wasn't something she'd ever had to think about before, but she supposed it was interesting, in an any-of-us-could-die-at-any-time kind of way. But even that kind of morbid thinking didn't scare her so much. Because outside of fights, death didn't seem real. They were just travelling. Especially now. There was no way there could be an enemy around, so they could all just relax and enjoy the undersea views.

"Hang on a minute, are you telling me you can drive this thing, Avdol?" Polnareff went over to Mr Avdol, who tutted and shook his finger at Polnareff.

"It's not a problem whatsoever, Polnareff."

"Oh."

"And Avdol's not the only one!" Mr Joestar interjected.

"Don't even think about it," Jotaro muttered. "I refuse to let you put us through another crash."

"Well, you sure seem to be in a foul mood today," Mr Joestar frowned. Sana rolled her eyes and smiled to herself.

"So this is a submarine," Noriaki said, surveying the submarine from his place opposite Sana. "I have to say, I'm a bit surprised. It's a lot more spacious than I expected."

"Isn't it? Rich folks usually use one of these when they want to get away from the world and explore the seafloor for pleasure," Mr Joestar said. "As you can see, it even has windows!"

Sana watched Polnareff run up to one and press his hands against it with childlike excitement. "Ooh, c'est génial!"

"Whoa there," Mr Joestar said, but he didn't sound like he really minded.

"You know, come to think of it, I've always liked this sort of thing - although I wish I could've ridden in one with a cute girl," Polnareff said, turning back around to face the rest of the group. Of course that was his first thought. Sana stifled a half-sigh, half-laugh, and turned to look out of the window to her right. As her eyes travelled there, they met Noriaki's. It only lasted for a second, two at most, but Sana could already feel the smile spreading across her lips. As soon as Polnareff had said that, Noriaki's gaze had travelled to her. She liked the feeling the thought gave her.

Sana looked out the window and rested in the feeling as she listened to the rest of the conversation. "Once again, I see you haven't changed at all, Polnareff. Could you please try to take this seriously?" Mr Avdol asked, with amusement in his voice. The group was back together again, and it was good.