Chapter Seventeen: Saturday, December 17

A/N: This is a long chapter so pls make sure you're comfortable and have a snack + drink bc it's literally over 10k. I don't know why I didn't divide it up but it's too late to do it now, so I'm sorry about that. 

Eventually, the group found themselves at an airport in Pakistan, and Jotaro vanished to find himself a new gakuran while the others waited for the flight. Anne wasn't happy. She tried to appeal to everyone to let her stay, but even Sana wasn't swayed. The enemies would likely only get more powerful from here, and Anne was in too much danger to stay, whether she was a Stand user or not.

Anne eventually gave up for a little while, just sitting next to Sana quietly, and Sana tried to talk to her, but it wasn't successful. Sana felt bad for her, but it was still the right choice. Still, Sana figured she could maybe be placated with something...

All too soon, Anne's flight was ready, and Jotaro still hadn't returned. Anne's feistiness came back. "I don't wanna go! You can't make me!"

Which, of course, Polnareff took to mean that he should pick her up and manhandle her out to the plane. Anne was, obviously, not happy about it, not at all. Her protests were fierce, and she writhed around, trying to make Polnareff let go of her.

"Let go! Let go of me!" Anne yelled. "Hey, don't touch me there, you jerk!"

Polnareff winced silently. "Hey! Don't say it like that!" It was true, his hands were only on her arms. Sana figured she should probably try to calm her down, but Anne wasn't a little kid, and it didn't quite work like that, she knew. Still, she had to try.

"Come on, Anne," Sana said. "Hey, the trip back will be fun, don't you think? You haven't been on a plane, have you?"

"No, I don't wanna! I wanna keep going with you guys!" Anne said.

Mr Joestar appeared, and placed his hand on Anne's head. "Listen, little miss. We're not vacationing here. My daughter, Jotaro's mother, is in grave danger at the moment," he said. "We're on this journey to save my daughter's life, not put yours at risk. Forget this running away business and go back home. I'm sure your parents are worried sick wondering where you are."

Anne grew still, and acceptance came across her face. Polnareff let go of her.

"There," Polnareff said, as he set her down.

"Fine. I suppose so," Anne said. "I'll make you look good this time, grandpa."

She started to walk to the plane. "Hey, Anne-" Sana started, and Anne paused and looked back.

"What?"

"Here," Sana said, putting a piece of paper into Anne's hand. "If you want to keep in touch."

Anne took the paper. It had Sana's home phone and address on it, in case Anne wanted to write letters instead of just calling. "Why would I want this? You're still letting me go."

Sana rolled her eyes. "Come on, we're doing our best. Besides, sometimes, you'll be able to contact Jotaro, too."

Anne looked at the paper again, and some strange expression came over her face. She looked back at Sana, and pretended like she didn't care. "Okay. Fine. Thanks, I guess."

Sana smiled to herself. "Enjoy the trip."

"Yeah, yeah..." Anne muttered as she pocketed the paper and started walking towards the plane. When she got to the steps, she paused, and looked around.

"Huh? What's the matter?" Mr Joestar asked.

"Nothing," Anne said resolutely. Sana could probably guess. Jotaro still hadn't come back. That was probably what Anne was missing. How long did it take to buy a coat..? Sana didn't know, but she felt a little bad for Anne. Still, there was nothing they could do.