Chapter Six: Wednesday, November 30

Sana's eyes snapped open. No, the sound wasn't her half-asleep brain imagining things. There was a distinctly loud buzzing, droning on and on, almost drowning out the plane's engine. Sana knew it was real because, from just a quick glance over the back of her seat, Sana noticed that Jotaro and Mr Joestar were looking for it, whatever 'it' was.

Sana's gaze shifted around the plane to locate the source of the sound. Where was it? Nobody but the others had seemed to notice - but then again, everyone else on the plane was asleep apart from Sana, Jotaro and Joseph. Maybe it wasn't a Stand. Maybe everyone else was just a particularly heavy sleeper.

"Hmmm?" Kakyoin mumbled from beside Sana. He blinked a couple of times, then started searching the plane's cabin, same as Sana. Across the aisle, Mr Avdol had also woken up. His dark eyes moved watchfully, before coming to rest on the target.

Sana followed his gaze and found what she was looking for: an enormous stag beetle, buzzing around, over their heads. Jotaro made the same conclusion the moment Sana did. It was a strange phenomenon, but- could it be possible? Nobody else had woken up yet. It was looking more and more possible, with each passing second, that the bug could be-

"Avdol, is that a Stand?" Mr Joestar asked. "Are we already encountering another Stand user?"

Sana followed the stag beetle. It was impossibly large. Sana didn't claim to be an expert on bugs, but it was so unnaturally-sized that there was little room for doubt. Could they really be in danger this early on? They'd just left a couple of hours ago, and they'd probably only just be approaching the vague area of their destination... there was no way there was an enemy Stand user this soon. Sana understood having one at the school that she and Jotaro attended most days, but on a plane? And one that they'd almost missed, at that?

"It is very possible. It could be a bug-shaped Stand," Mr Avdol said.

The stag beetle flew into the shadows around the seats. Sana tensed up. No matter how hard she looked, she couldn't see it. She'd lost it.

"It hid in the shadow of the seats..." Mr Joestar said incredulously.

"Where did it go?" Mr Avdol yelled, standing up.

Sana stood to get a better view of the cabin. She had to find it again. Any kind of movement. Everyone else was so still, it should have been easy. And in the corner of her vision-

"Jotaro!" His name escaped Sana's lips before she could stop it. The buzzing was back, and the bug was-

"Jojo! It's on the side of your head!" Kakyoin yelled-

-about to land on the side of Jotaro's head, right at the bottom of his hat. It looked even worse up close. It was terrifying. Sana suddenly regretted her decision to sit in the window seat, because now she was trapped. It wasn't like she could run anywhere anyway- but it made it all the worse.

"It's huge! It has to be a Stand," Kakyoin said, the fear in his voice obvious. "That bug is a Stand!"

Kakyoin was right. Sana watched in horror as the bug foamed at the mouth, and she wasn't an entomologist, but... bugs shouldn't do that.

And then a metallic claw protruded from the foam-covered mouth, and Sana couldn't move or couldn't help because what the hell was going on-?

"It's disgusting. Leave it to me," Jotaro said, his face calm yet annoyed-looking as ever. Sana didn't know how that all coexisted, but if Jotaro was going to deal with the bug, she honestly didn't care what his face looked like while doing it.

"Be careful," Mr Avdol said. "I've heard there is a user of a bug Stand that likes to rip the tongues out of its victims." That was nasty. Sana wrinkled her nose at the thought and made a mental note to cover her mouth if the fly flew at her.