Chapter Seven: Wednesday, November 30

The flight attendants sprang into action, having been trained for years for this. They assembled the rafts and got all of the living passengers onto them. Now all they had to do was wait.

On a more positive note, the sun was slowly starting to rise. That was the only good thing Sana could find about the situation: she got to see a lovely sunrise, throwing hues of pink and red and yellow across the sky that dispersed the blue-purple that had previously resided there.

After a while, helicopters came along and carried all the passengers away. Sana and the others were transported to land in Hong Kong. Mr Joestar immediately went to make a phone call, leaving Sana and the others in front of a street vendor.

Sana looked around the streets. It was different to what she was used to. There were people everywhere, much more busy than the quiet roads she took at home. The most people she'd seen in one place was at school, and this was easily triple that. There was chatter everywhere, and Sana wondered how Mr Joestar could hear what was happening on the phone. Somewhere, there was a news report on the plane crash they'd just survived. Sana could only hear fragments. "...35 kilometres off the Hong Kong coast... efforts to rescue and treat passengers... high casualty rate with many... injured by mysterious... tongues removed..."

It was, to say the least, bizarre, but also exhausting. If this was only the first day of their journey... Sana hadn't expected it at all. She knew that DIO would be awful, sending people after them. That was a given, that was part of the deal. But this? Innocent passengers? It made Sana feel a little sick. They had nothing to do with this. It hadn't sunk in before, but after seeing how frail and terrified the survivors looked, and hearing about the casualties on a news report...

But this was life now. Sometimes sacrifices had to be made, and if they were doing their best to protect life, Sana would have to make her peace with the fact that they couldn't save everyone. She'd just have to get used to it. Besides, it wasn't like they'd deliberately tried to hurt anyone. They'd done their best, and that was what mattered. The fault didn't lie with her, or the group. It was all the fault of Tower of Grey's user, and Sana hoped he was suffering, wherever he'd gone, as karma for what evil he'd done.

Sana's eyes focused on the vendor's stall, right as the man running it spoke. "Hey, big guy," he said. Jotaro turned around.

"Huh?"

"Are you guys tourists?" the vendor asked. "Want some rice porridge? If you're in Hong Kong, you ought to try some dim sum or some rice porridge."

Should they? Sana had no idea. She glanced around the group, and then at the street. They did, in fact, look like tourists. They stuck out like a sore thumb. It would be so easy for an enemy Stand user to find them here - or, in fact, anywhere. They were a distinctive-looking bunch. Sana decided she could bring that up later. Now wasn't the time.

"Rice porridge, eh?" Kakyoin said, approaching the vendor. "Not bad." He turned to Jotaro. "Did you know, Jojo? Unlike in Japan, rice porridge is a staple food in Hong Kong."

Kakyoin turned back to the vendor. "I'll have it the popular way, with pork and a century egg."

That sounded good to Sana. "Yeah- I'll have one too."

"And I'll have-" Mr Avdol started, but Mr Joestar hung up the phone and spoke before Mr Avdol could finish his order.

"Hey! What are you guys trying to eat?" Mr Joestar asked. "We're going to my friend's shop."

Sana frowned. It was safer, but she was kind of looking forward to that. She hadn't realised, but she was ravenous. They'd spent all night at sea, waiting until morning to be rescued, and she hadn't had breakfast yet. Sleep and adrenaline had done enough for a bit, but by now...