Chapter Ten: Saturday, December 3rd

Fortunately, the group's time adrift in the tiny boat ended at about 9am. It was lucky. Sana wasn't sure she could last another day listening to Mr Joestar's snoring. Evidently, he could sleep anywhere, and he was never quiet about it. Luckily, a passing container ship found them, and took them to Singapore before Sana went insane.

It was strange being on dry land again. It felt too still, but at the same time, it was a relief to not have to worry about falling into the endless ocean, or having your luggage pitched into the sea. Still, it had taken far too long to only get to Singapore. Already, 10% of their time was frittered away by Stand attacks and being adrift on the ocean. Sana's opinion on the sea definitely wasn't as high as it had been before. She'd seen too much of it now.

"Good grief," Polnareff said. "We've finally arrived."

"We'll stay at a hotel tonight and figure out a route to Egypt," Mr Joestar decided. Sana was pleased. Finally. An actual bed to sleep on.

Mr Joestar looked around. "We'll stay at that hotel," he said, pointing to a random one, a huge building, reaching for the skies and very nearly grasping them. There were so many windows on it, all reflecting the sun. The view, Sana knew, would be incredible. She hoped she got a room on the top floor. It looked so fancy and modern, and Sana had never seen anything like it.

Before they could start walking down the near-empty, palm-tree-lined street, a policeman approached the group. "Hey, you!" he said, his tone confrontational. "Yeah, you with the flat top!"

Polnareff?

"Huh?" Polnareff asked, turning to the cop.

"Yeah, you!" the policeman said, trying to make himself look bigger. He looked strong, sure, but Polnareff was still more than a head taller than him. "You threw this trash, didn't you? That's a 500 Singapore dollar fine!"

"What? 500?" Polnareff frowned.

That was a lot. She didn't quite know Singapore Dollars to Yen, but- wow, that was steep. For some litter? No wonder the streets were so clean.

"500 Singapore Dollars?" Kakyoin muttered.

"That's about 40,000 Yen," Mr Joestar said.

That was a lot. Seriously? It really was no wonder that the streets were clean. But Polnareff hadn't dropped any trash, had he..?

"Trash?" Mr Avdol asked.

"Got it," the policeman said.

"Trash?" Polnareff asked, confused. Sana was just as confused as him. The only thing on the floor was Polnareff's luggage, which was in a bag, but- no, there was no way that that was what the cop thought was trash...

Yes, he did. He did. The cop pointed to Polnareff's bag.

"What are you talking about, sir?" Polnareff asked. "All I see here on the ground is my own luggage. Would you be so kind to tell me what trash you're referring to, officer?"

The policeman's face turned immediately, from righteous anger to unfortunate flusteredness. He didn't say a word, just opened his mouth, thought better of it, and closed it again.

"You sure you see any trash?" Polnareff asked, his voice sickly-sweet. He was having fun now.

"Uh- you mean-" the cop said. "That bag's your luggage?"

"Yeah, you got it!" Polnareff grinned.

"I- I'm terribly sorry," the cop said, taking a step back.

It was just a little funny. Sana covered her mouth and her laugh at the same time, but the others didn't. Even Anne laughed.