Chapter Two: Monday, November 28

Today was the day. Sana dressed herself carefully in her pinkish-purple school uniform, and pulled her long blonde hair off her face, tying the front strands back with a ribbon she'd found. She tied it to form a bow, and put her shoes on, grabbed her bag, and started the walk to the Kujo residence.

The walk was made much shorter by the anticipation of finding out the secret. Sana felt like it was over in two minutes instead of the usual twenty. Once she arrived at the Kujo residence, Sana, like normal, sought out Ms Kujo. She was in the kitchen, making food for Mr Joestar and Mr Avdol.

"Good morning," Sana said to the pair at the kitchen table. "Was the room alright?"

"I don't know how you J-" Mr Joestar started, but Mr Avdol talked over him.

"The room was lovely, thank you. You did a good job on it."

"I'm glad," Sana said, smiled, and turned to Ms Kujo. She looked a little paler than usual, but her face was still bright. Sana assumed it was just the stress of secrets that Sana would soon find out. "Ms Kujo, what do you want me to do this morning?"

"Oh, you can just help me cook," Ms Kujo said. "I think Jotaro will be ready soon. I don't want to overwork you!" and Ms Kujo laughed. Sana smiled. This was normally how it went. Sana spent more of the afternoons cleaning - but even then, she didn't end up doing that much. Ms Kujo really was the most generous woman in Japan, if not the whole world. But maybe it was partly because she had the finances to back it up..? Nonetheless, Sana set out to help Ms Kujo cook a delicious breakfast.

Eventually, Jotaro poked his head around the door. "Hey, Sana. It's time to go."

"Alright," Sana said, setting down the ladle and walking over to the door. "I'll see you later."

"Oh, Sana, wait a moment," Ms Kujo said. Sana stopped. Ms Kujo's voice dropped and her greenish eyes shone with concern. "Can you please keep a close eye on Jotaro today? I don't want you to leave his side."

"I- yes, alright, but- Ms Kujo, is everything alright?" Sana asked.

"Yes, of course!" Ms Kujo smiled. "I just don't want my Jotaro in jail again!"

It seemed false, but Sana had no choice but to take it. "I'll stay with him all day." Sana promised it, and she fully intended to keep it, even if the company was subpar. Still, she'd do it. She set the objective in her head as she left the building.

"Okay!" Ms Kujo called. "Have fun at school- Jotaro, wait! You forgot something?" Sana stepped out onto the porch and paused. Jotaro stopped, and Ms Kujo hurried past Sana, to Jotaro. "Goodness... Here's a goodbye kiss."

Ms Kujo gave Jotaro a kiss on the cheek, and Jotaro frowned. "You bitch."

"Ah-" Ms Kujo sighed.

"Stop clinging to your child already." Jotaro started to walk again, and motioned for Sana to follow. Sana bit her tongue and caught up with him.

"Okay! Have a good day!" Ms Kujo called behind them, and Sana smiled and waved as she and Jotaro left the complex. But once they were out, Sana's smile dropped.

"Good grief," Jotaro said.

"I don't know why you hate that so much. It's only because she cares about you," Sana said, keeping her tone civil. She adjusted her bag's position on her shoulder.

"She's too much," Jotaro said. "She's clinging to me. I'm seventeen, and I get into a fight almost every day. I'm not the kid she thinks I am."

"Maybe you are, but she loves you anyway."

"Good grief. Why do you keep defending her? I said I don't want it, but she does it anyway." Jotaro frowned, and glanced down at Sana.

"She's doing it from a good place, and you know it, Jotaro." Sana's tone was sharper than she intended, but she didn't really care. Maybe her words would actually reach him that way.