Kidnapping

"Collei!" I sang, playing around with a leaf I had found on the dirt path. "Collei where are you?"

It had been at most 15 minutes since leaving the village, and I had yet to run into the infamous green-haired forest ranger. It made me think that I may have taken a wrong turn at some point, as some of the lights on the edge of the path seemed to be flickering. Maybe Collei hasn't been down this route yet. Ah well, I guess I beat her to it.

I sat down under one of the flickering yellow lights and ripped the tiny leaf into pieces.

Rustling.

Just like before when I travelled to the city, rustling was heard in the bushes. Except this time it was coming from behind me.

Panic set in as I remembered the terrors I had been through and I got up to spin around hurriedly. It couldn't be him or his men. There's no way.

Until we meet again, my girl.

Yet just the mere thought of his voice ringing clear in my mind caused my shoulders to tremble and my breath to shudder.

Eyes plastered to the bush ahead of me, I proceeded to back away and yell out Collei's name once more, uncertainty in my tone as I did.

Just then, the rustling stopped and something jumped out. I screamed a bloodcurdling scream.

Only, the thing is, what popped out wasn't what I thought it was. 

It was a squirrel. 

"Fucks sake." I panted in relief, hand over my heart. I shook my head at how stupid I was being and allowed laughter to erupt, I really just got scared of a squirre-

In an instance, I let my guard down and just as I did a woosh of air blew above my head and a bag was roughly pulled down. I gasped and screeched, no longer laughing at my predicament as I tried to fend off whatever was behind me. "Help! Collei!" I screamed until my voice became raspy and my throat closed up in pain.

"Are you done yet?" A feminine voice from behind me tutted, I elbowed the lady hard in the ribs and pulled the bag off. Wheezing, I turned around and just as I suspected, it was a fatui soldier. She doubled over in pain from my assault but that didn't stop her from glaring up at me with a smirk.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I threw the bag on the ground and began to run. It didn't matter in what direction, all that mattered was that I needed to not get caught again. 

Terror ripped through my body and I rushed through the forest, slamming into miniature trees and ducking under thick branches.

"Ooof" Emerging from under a branch and into a clearing, I was apprehended by a man who toppled over me from above, he was likely hidden in one of the sturdy branches above; it almost seemed as though they knew I would panic and run off in this direction.

Grunting in pain, my body began to thrash around, trying its best to ignore the throbbing pain it was experiencing. 

"Dottore's looking for you." A calm yet sneering tone, one which I did not enjoy hearing.

"No!" Through gritted teeth, I twisted my body to face him, kneed his groin, and punched him over and over again in his face and gut before pushing the half-awake man off me. "Collei! Anybody!" Rolling into a kneel with one foot on the ground, I screamed out for someone, anyone, to find me.

But there was no response, only the darkened silence of the forest night.

It was too silent and made me think I was in the clear from any further attacks.

Well, it was safe to say I wasn't, as my body was unceremoniously thrown against a large tree causing it to ricochet before collapsing, letting out a pained gasp my body cried out at the sudden sharp sensation in my abdomen and I found myself unable to breathe properly.

"Let's tie her up and take her back. Dottore will probably deal with the bleeding."

Bleeding? Shit, my nose hurts. The metallic taste of blood was unmistakable, and I could feel a twinge of pain every time I tried to move. "No, Aether..." I moaned out softly before a veil of darkness took over my vision and thick scratchy rope-like material bounded my wrists in front of me. But by then, I had already succumbed to my injuries and fainted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes

How is she still alive tbh

Like highkey I wouldn't survive that, y/n do be built different.