Opportunity

This is my last chance.

This is my last chance to go back, prior to this one I was busy trying not to die, but that's a story for another time.

The opportunity was configuring, all I had to do was consent and I'd be home free.

Taking one last look around at all the people that I have come to know, in their blood-stained clothes, I took a deep breath in and exclaimed in pure unadulterated enthusiasm "It's been real, and now I'm finally free! Fuck you all, I'm out!" before letting the shocked faces around me disfigure and disintegrate right before my very eyes.

This is it, I was getting out of this shithole, and back to reality. I will never have to run and hide from titans, like ever again. Nothing would stop me, noth..ing?

Just as I thought I was home free, a light blazed past and an explosion erupted, burning its remnants into my retinas.

Okay well, maybe one thing will.

Without a pause, I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed in pure terror, what in the actual what was going on?! 

This was supposed to be a simple experiment that ended with me going BACK to reality. So why, pray tell, was it that when I opened my eyes again I had been sent to anything but that?

The concrete jungle I was expecting was nowhere to be found, it was just trees and wild animals roaming about. This was not part of the plan, whatever opportunity I managed to salvage before slipped through my fingers. My transportation device had gone wrong, again.

Amidst the drama, I had somehow tripped and landed on my butt. The painful thud was nothing in comparison to my confusion and disappointment though. Honestly, I was supposed to be back in the lab a month ago. I guess my report on the potential for alternative reality transportation via chip implants will have to indicate its failings. 

Never did I consider my own creation would turn against me to this extent. But it is what it is, and now I needed to figure out what this alternative reality I managed to fall into by accident was, and what the necessary precautions will be considering I have absolutely no contingency plan for this scenario.

Standing up on shaken legs, I pat myself down from the dry soil and grass that attached itself to my still-bloody clothes. If anyone were to witness me right now, I wonder what they would think. I don't even know if there are people in this reality, so I guess that shouldn't even be my first concern.

Okay, okay. Now is not the time to even consider the possibility of there being no humans in this world. I just need to get the hell back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One Notes:

Hi, this is a new story that has no direction whatsoever and every chapter will be made up on the spot lol

I cannot promise consistency, as I'm an extreme procrastinator and am currently juggling work and uni too, sorry if this isn't what you want :')

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, yes I know there was some AOT but it's just the first 2 chapters, just for some background ig-

Anyway! Stay tuned for the next chapter! I really hope you like it, and please, constructive criticism is always welcome xx