Travels

It took 5 days. 

5 days of pure boredom that could rival the many reports and documents I know I'll have to go through when I get back to my reality.

But finally, with the permission of that pointy-eared prick and the hand-washing of my clothes by Collei, I was free to leave Gandharva Ville. On the condition that I follow the little map he had drawn out, arrive at 'Sumeru city' and locate an 'Amurta darshan' scholar who will then let him know that I had arrived. Whatever any of that meant anyway. He very kindly estimated I would arrive in 2 and a half to 3 hours.

And he was right, in fact, he was so on point that I think he even accounted for me being chased by tiny masked humanoid things, a tiger and, shockingly, a high-tech robot with four mechanic arms. Yeah, it was not a fun time.

The only fun thing about that journey was being able to walk the lit forest path during the day so I could at least see what was trying to kill me.

The city was mere minutes away, yet the pain in my legs made it seem as though I was nowhere near it. Huffing through it, I continued at a slower pace.

"That's her" footsteps scurried through thick bushes.

Huh?

I looked around confused, feet slowing to a stop. Am I hearing things? It was probably nothing, but my heart couldn't help but beat just a little faster.

A few seconds passed. "She's unarmed, let's get her"

Okay no I definitely heard that, that does not sound good.

A white-haired man, tall with a golden staff, stepped out from the bushes on my right. Ah, this is real, this is happening.

He stopped in front of me and beckoned another two rather hefty-looking individuals out from behind the forestry.

"Can I help you?" I asked, masking my timidness with indifference. Please just be lost tourists so I can leave unharmed.

"Yeah, you can actually. Mind following us?" The golden staff man spoke in a mocking tone.

"I do mind. I have somewhere to be." I think I'm going to cry. I literally suck at fighting and I'm already so tired from being chased by those insane creatures.

"Don't worry, it will only take a minute" By the time he had finished speaking, he was already toe-to-toe with me, the top of his staff tapping my arm lightly. 

I could feel some sort of energy coming from that staff, it felt like the buzz of static electricity building up with every tap; subtle drops of gold could be seen falling from the top of the staff, I wasn't sure what it was but I also wasn't interested in finding out. "I'll fucking scream, don't touch me" voice wavering, I  nudged the staff away with my arm and took a couple of steps back. 

"Go ahead, I like it better when they scream anyway" His staff pulled back to strike. But instead of hitting me with it, he remained in that position and the static energy grew louder, whirring dangerously until it didn't sound like static at all, it sounded like rocks hitting against each other. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the other two men position themselves for a fight. Oh God oh fuck, I'm not ready to die I have so much left to do, my report is unfinished and my lab manager will lose her shit if I don't get it done!