Path

"I mean, I could take a look at it but I doubt I can help you any more than that harbinger can." Tighnari shrugged, "Though if you want me to change those bandages on your neck and arm, I'm your man."

Right, I had almost forgotten about my neck injury. It had been a while since then and it stopped aching. I should really take the bandage off. "Thanks again Tighnari, heal away."

"I'm not a miracle worker. So whatever hell I see under those bandages..." He paused for a second before clearing his throat. "Sorry, I know you've been through a lot. I'll keep my remarks to myself."

"No, please, I need some normalcy." I exaggerated, "Seriously, take the mick I need this."

"Alright... bit weird, but who am I to judge." Tighnari had unravelled my bandages and taken a warm wet cloth to my arm. "Your neck is fine, so dramatic of you to have kept that dirty thing on."

"Hey, I was busy. You think you would have the time to change your bandages in my position?"

"I'm a doctor. My number one priority would be to change them." He deadpanned, "hold this down." 

After having cleaned the wound, he lathered a medicinal herb over the frazzled stitching and beckoned me to hold down the edge of the new bandage to my arm.

I hissed in pain as he tightened the bandage around the wound, feeling the stitches press down against flesh. 

"Oh don't be such a baby."

"It hurts!" I yelled, "It's not my fault your wrapping skills are so bad."

"Bad?!" He paused all movement. "Alright, you do it then." before letting go of the bandaging and crossing his arms. 

"No no, you are the doctor. You do it." I stammered, trying to keep the bandage in place after Tighnari let go.

The animal-eared man rolled his eyes, "Oh so now I'm your doctor?"

I smiled and retaliated, "Well what did you think you were?"

"Not a friend I'm sure."

"Is it so hard for you to admit you're just bad at some things? I mean it's not a big deal hones-"

"The only thing I'm bad at is listening to you." He pinned down the bandage and waved my forearm away from the desk I had placed it on. " All right you're done. God, it wasn't even that bad. Aether really made me think you were dying of blood loss."

I let out a laugh, "Aether's a bit dramatic isn't he."

Recalling when we entered the village, Aether had grabbed a hold of my hand and forced me into Tighnari's cabin with Paimon in tow. He kept going on about how injured I was, I mean I don't blame him considering he did a pretty good job at keeping his cool from the minute we left the Akademiya; seeing me in so many bandages must have been quite upsetting.

And it's not like Paimon was any help in the situation, jeez if this room was made of glass she could scream the whole place down.

"Hey is that how you treat your friends?!" Paimon peaked her head in, watching as Tighnari finished cleaning his desk and placed his decontaminated tools back in their original spots.

"I was only joking Paimon. Of course, I'm grateful for everything Aether and you have done for me." I then faced Tighnari, watching as he placed each individual tool where it belonged. "And thank you Tighnari for letting us barge in like that. I know you can't really help me out with my situation but it was nice of you to have helped deal with my injuries."

He was taken aback by my mellow behaviour, so much so, that he started questioning my kindness, "What do you want. Why are you saying that."

I scoffed at his incredulous questioning. "Whatever, I'm going to go take a look around for Collei." Getting up from my seat I slowly walked to where Paimon was standing and turned around. "But seriously, thank you Tighnari. You're a great friend."

Tighnari stood astonished, "It's alright. If you ever find yourself injured again, don't hesitate to let me know."

I smiled warmheartedly at him before leaving his room. 

"Y/n!" Paimon buzzed over as I walked towards the village exit, in search of Collei who had stated she was going to review the lights.

"Yes, flying toddler."

"Ugh! Now is not the time for your bad nicknames!" Paimon flew in front of me, forcing me to stop in my tracks. "Don't go too far. Aether and I are already worried enough as it is!"

"Yes ma'am jeez." I waved her away and continued on the well-lit forest path. "I'm just going to look for Collei I promise I'll be back in a couple of minutes."

She hovered in place and fidgeted with her fingers, watching me walk away. "Alright. I'll just wait here for you then."

I waved the back of my hand towards her, continuing on the path ahead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes

Why is Tighnari giving older brother vibes, like the older brother I never had fr

I've decided that this book will have approx. 36-37 chapters, depending on whether a sequel will come out or not. 

So we've really got around 11 chapters before this is done 👀

I am thinking of creating another one but for Diluc btw, that's still in the works. It'll have a similar method in how y/n gets to Teyvat but everything else should be different.

Please do look forward to when that comes out! 

Anyway, seeya in the next chapter xx