Run

As I ran, I heard footsteps fast approaching me from behind. Taking a quick look, I noticed a few of Dottore's men gaining on me. "Fuck!" Exerting my body for more speed, I leaned forward and breathed faster hoping it will help.

Before long, I could feel them getting too close for my liking, so I had to think fast. I threw down a long pearly structure with a vase on my right and continued running until I reached an intersection.

Briefly looking behind me I noticed the men slowed down, one of them was sneering threateningly and holding up his weapon, it looked like the one that the other guy had. The one I murdered. Another was lying on the floor likely from crashing into the obstacle I created.

Before I knew it, I spun on my heels to the right and began running at full speed again, fingers grazing the ground as I steadied myself.

I continued pushing myself, ignoring how my forearm stitches were slowly coming undone from the constant movements, or how my legs felt dangerously unsteady after hardly moving around for the past week.

Stairs! I see stairs! Where am I? Where is this place? 

The layout seemed rather familiar, something about the doors, the floor tiles, that vase I threw down and the few people I had passed during the chase, it felt like I'd been here before.

I raced down the stairs and burst through the large heavy doors to find myself at a fountain, with far more people crowding the area.

It hit me then.

All this time, I hadn't left the city.

I was in the city.

I was in the Akademiya.

Noticing the prolonged confused looks I gained from the scholars as I slowed to a stop near the running water fountain, I placed a hand on my heart and tried to steady my breathing. It's busy. This could be the perfect opportunity for me to slip away.

I forced my legs to walk again, huffing as I did, towards the double doors behind the fountain.

Pushing one side open revealed an exceptionally large library; it was the perfect place to hide, so quiet that if I were to make even the slightest noise, people would look my way and they would witness a kidnapping. There's no way those men would be able to take me now.

Trudging along slowly, whilst keeping an eye out for Dottore's minions, I breathlessly made it to a bustling area in the library, the large mahogany bookshelf had busybody scholars tirelessly rifling through well-kept books. Some sat at a particularly large rectangle table, teeming with scholarly scrolls and journals.

I looked at the collection of books available on the grand bookshelf, even pretending to rifle through an old leatherbound book about "flora and its intricacies", before settling down in one of the available seats. All the while, my mind was on how and when I should get out of here and contact an authoritative figure. 

It was odd that those men hadn't followed me in here, although they may have lost me after that obstacle incident. 

The thought was comforting but didn't prepare me for what I saw next.

From behind my book, I witnessed Dottore, the man himself, entering the library. His aura emitted authority, it leaked it, yet it wasn't the right one I was seeking. 

Oh, and that smile was on his face again. The type that looked so innocent, yet I knew the true malice behind it.

I ducked under the book praying he hadn't seen me, my fingers curling around the leather texture. Sweat prickled down my forehead as I roughly began flicking through page after page in an attempt to look like the other scholars present.

This isn't good, I've come so far that I can't just let him think he's won again. Looking around frantically at the deathly silent scholars all engrossed in their work, I hesitantly reached out to grab one of the pens in the middle of the table and hastily began to scribble into the book I was holding.

I'm being kept prisoner inside one of the labs here at the Akademiya, please save me my name is y/n

Placing the pen down as quietly and briskly as possible, I tore the page out before pushing it into the pen holder in the middle of the table, letting its crisp wrinkle-less surface scrunch together. Some scholars stirred at the noise but none had looked up, unfortunately for me.

"Ah there you are, I was getting worried."

Dottore was whispering, he had crept closer and by the time I had finished hiding the note, he was already at the table I was seated at.

Why isn't anyone batting an eye at this man? Do none of them seriously know they have a kidnapper in their midst?

"I am not going with you. I have assignments due." teeth gritted, I lied in a slow calm tone.

"You jest, sweet y/n. You are working with me on this assignment, remember?" He chuckled, "Now come along, you're making too much noise here."

I glanced around at the sight of some scholars eavesdropping on our conversation before focusing my attention back on Dottore, and with a timid voice, I began to plead, "Just a few more minutes? this book is just too good." I couldn't do it, for some reason, my voice wouldn't go over the whisper it was at now. I wanted to scream so bad, but every time I thought to, my throat would close up and my voice would turn meek.

"Such a bookworm you are. Alright, 5 more minutes." Voice gentle, almost lulling me into a false sense of security, he sat down opposite me, "But then we really need to go, my dear girl."

I want to scream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes:

Highly recommend listening to the chase with phonk music playing, I did whilst writing it lol

rip y/n she was so close :)

Is she gonna get an amputation? Find out in the coming chapters!

Experiment Gone Wrong (Dottore x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें