Zandik

Dottore P.O.V.

He who scorns love and embraces pain is never truly alone.

Zandik never understood the meaning behind these words, spoken by his fellow harbinger Pulcinella. 

It didn't make sense for someone to hate love yet feed off of pain for companionship. But when he saw y/n walk away it finally dawned on him the truth behind such a phrase.

He who scorns love did not scorn it at all, but was afraid of it. Watching her leave was heartwrenching, but he couldn't stand her seeing him in such a vulnerable state. No one had ever seen his vulnerabilities. The feeling was enough to make him want to murder again.

Battling with his own demons was hard enough, witnessing her become one was just about the tipping point for Zandik.

His original plan was never to complicate things with feelings of love or lust. Still, after having been in y/n's presence, soaking up her voice like rays of sunlight, seeing how she smiled when talking about her passion and even better, watching her cheeks flush in embarrassment and feeling the soft warmth of her skin against his fingertips, it messed up his scheme of using her to get to the traveller. In fact, it ruined everything.

"Tell me you found her. I want eyes on her 24/7." He had a tight grip on his little glass vial, almost as though it was his comfort fidget toy.

"Yes sir, she is with the traveller going through the forest, by the looks of it, they may be going back to where she was first found."

Y/n's phone lay on Zandik's desk, he still had no idea how to get into it and it didn't make sense to tinker with it since the technology was outside of Teyvat's current technological realm. The clear glass curved over the edges and there were multiple buttons and holes on the device. It was so tempting to just break open the back and figure out what this so-called phone was made out of.

Zandik tapped the cylinder vial against his temple in deep thought, listening to the calming sapphire waves. "Keep an eye on her and tell me if anything changes." It wasn't worth being so embroiled in this, he knew it wasn't. But he couldn't help it, the lab reminded him of her, from the abandoned surgical table to the makeshift bed on the floor.

"You three."

Three men on his right stood straight and saluted, "yes my lord."

"Come with me. We have a meeting with Her Majesty the Tsaritsa in an hour." 

The men nodded and accompanied Zandik out, leaving the phone behind.

His mind was still on y/n and her whereabouts, almost regretting letting her go. In some sense, he couldn't wait to have her by his side again, it didn't matter if it meant hurting her. Although his thoughts remained conflicted on whether his interest in her was actually real.

Well, it must be. He was so sure of everything, so could she really be an anomaly that carved out his 10ft metal wall and stomped on his doubtless personality?

As he exited the laboratory, mind still filled with thoughts of her, the vial slipped from his fingers. Something like this never happens to such a man as himself, in fact, no one would ever deem him as clumsy. Clearly, the situation was getting to him more than he let on.

Ordering his bewildered men to pick up the, thankfully, reinforced glass vial, he plucked it from the grasp of a nervous underling and looked at the neon liquid sloshing around creating bubbles. He had never felt this way and It was infuriating, to say the least.

Keeping his mind busy was his best bet at ensuring no further mistakes were made. So for the next couple of hours, he spent his time conversing and waiting on hand and foot of his queen, before calling it a day and returning back to the Akademiya laboratory.

News of y/n circulated the air around him, he had ensured all his men were aware of the situation and what is expected of them.

Apparently, she had made it safe and sound at Gandharva Ville. Even spoke to Tighnari regarding their experiment. Could she have been looking for a new lab partner?

No, not on his watch. He was the only one. He will make sure of it.

It was time for him to make his move and he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when he wins, in more ways than one.

He who scorns love no longer scorned it, nor was he afraid.

He who had scorned, became invigorated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes

Now the question is, whether y/n feels the same. They both have like similar interests tbf (like the whole science/ ai stuff) so maybbee she might?

Who knows. I do but like that's beside the point.

We're back on y/n's POV in the next chapter 😏