Handkerchief

It had been a while since my... accidental murder.

After analysing the man's weapon, I determined it didn't need to be loaded or cocked. The weapon had some sort of heat radiating from the nozzle, it dispersed light grey ash into the air every time I moved it and flames were seen licking the thick glass that was keeping the contraption together. Maybe it's not a gun? If I pulled the trigger, would fire come out instead? I wasn't sure, and I didn't know how many bullets or butane it had. So I didn't bother testing it.

Settling down on Dottore's desk, I placed the weapon on what looked to be mahogany wood and stretched my neck, feeling it ache from its injury. 

The man from before was still dead on the floor, I hadn't touched it since, and I don't ever plan to. Blood congealed, turning into a thickened puddle around the man's head, sticking to his hair and clothes.

And don't get me started on the smell, my God, it had never occurred to me just how bad a corpse could smell after a couple of hours in an air-tight room.

As my head leaned back to look up at the ceiling, the laboratory door clicked open once again and in came the highly anticipated blue-haired man. He lifted his head and loudly breathed in the scent of his underling's corpse, "Always pleasant to come home to the smell of decaying flesh after a long day." 

So he is the definition of a crazy scientist.

Also, home? This man sleeps here? But then where did he go last night?

"It is such a pity he had to go like this though, he was quite good at his job." Dottore's voice rang loud and clear, silencing my wandering thoughts.

But no empathy in his voice was detected, just wicked humour and a hint of scandalous teasing.

My head dropped to stare at the man. "He screamed. It only took a second before he was completely gone." Hands still covered in his blood, I grabbed the gun from the desk. "You'll suffer the same fate if you don't let me go right now." Confident in my conjecture, I began walking towards him only to pause a couple of steps from his form. "Don't underestimate me, Dottore."

"Hm, my dear. You seem to have blood on your hands, here, let me wipe it off for you." He began to step forward, pulling a silk handkerchief from his breast pocket as he did.

Breathing in sharply, I moved the gun to eye level and placed a finger on the trigger. "Stay back! I'll shoot I swear I will!" Before pointing at the body on the ground and widening my eyes fervently. "You'll be another dead body!"

But to no avail, the man had a devilish smirk on his face, he continued forward forcing me back. 

"Stop! I mean it!"

The handkerchief unfolded in his hand as he stepped closer and closer, noticing as I readjust my finger on the trigger he giggled softly. "What's the matter, y/n?"

Suddenly, my hips hit the desk behind me and I realised my mistake. Rapidly trying to fix my error, I pulled the trigger but the gun all but gurgled and powered down. "huh?" I slapped it and tried again, "what is wrong with this thing-"

My pondering was cut short by Dottore, who gently grabbed the weapon and placed it on his desk. He wrapped his fingers around my hand and faced it palm up, before gently cleansing it with his handkerchief. "Isn't that better?"

Silence. I couldn't understand why he was doing this, why didn't he attack me when I had him at gunpoint? Why didn't he even flinch when I pressed down on the trigger? And why was that man carrying an unloaded weapon??

"I found a device in your bag."

shit.

"Care to explain how it works for me?"

I pulled my hand away from his grasp and attempted to push the towering figure away, marking his pristine white coat with a tinge of red. 

The smile on his face was never discouraged in a difficult situation however, he grabbed my hands at his chest and faced down towards me, "Need I remind you of what may happen if you don't answer my questions."

Double shit. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes:

Ayo Dottore chill 😏

Idek if phones exist in Teyvat so let's pretend they don't-

Anyway, hope you enjoyed Dottore being soft, even if it was for an ulterior motive (like always) 

Seeya next chap xx