Interrogation

Mentions: Torture.

Snuggling my hands deep under the pillow, I sighed in contentment. Although, this cold, hard sensation underneath me was not as pleasant as the soft warmth the pillow my head rested on provided.

That sure was a good rest, Aether rea- wait. Aether... Aether?!

My eyes flung open, and I took in the sight in front of me. This does not look like a hotel room, let alone a bedroom.

What happened last night? Squeezing my eyes close, my mind began to recall the past events and the dread began to seep in. He had one of his 'men' put me to sleep once we were outside the city. But why? and why am I inside a laboratory? None of this makes any sense.

Suddenly, as my thoughts bounced back and forth in my mind, I heard low mumbles and light footsteps. Trying to appear fast asleep, I strained to hear what was being said.

"She should wake up any minute now, my lord."

"Good. She'll need to be awake for this."

I'll need to be awake for what? There was that dread again, heavier than before.

No other words were heard from that moment on, but I did hear footsteps slowly tap to where I was laying. 

Trying to seem as unconscious as possible was proving to be difficult considering someone was staring at me so intently that I could feel it. Godammit, y/n stop breathing so fast I'll get caught-

Just then, a low chuckle interrupted my racing thoughts. "I know you're awake," Dottore whispered. "There is no need to fake sleep."

So I begrudgingly opened my eyes to the sight of white fabric, blue hair and a mask towering over me.

I think he noticed my apprehension at his appearance because moments after my eyes laid on him he stepped back and turned around.

"What did you mean when you said I needed to be awake for this?" I asked, face stoic yet voice trembling as I pulled my body up into a seated position lethargically. The effects of whatever they used to make me sleep had yet to fully wear off.

"Well I can't interrogate you when you're asleep, now can I?" He turned back around to lean against his desk, that ever-pleasant smile on his face.

"Interrogate? What's there to interrogate? I haven't done anything!" Flustered by his audacity, I pulled myself up off the floor. "In fact, I'm the one who should be interrogating you, after all, you are the one who kidnapped me!" My eyes glared daggers at the man yet inside I was begging myself not to look too petrified.

He didn't entertain my outburst, and instead, grabbed a couple of ominous-looking tools from his desk. 

"What are you doing? What are those for?" Apprehension was once again evident on my features, watching him elegantly travel back and forth between his desk and a chair to place his torture tools beside it, I blurted out timidly "You can't seriously be thinking of using those on me, right?"