Chapter 25

John is awake first, he stumbles to the bathroom, wincing in pain as he knocks his hip against the door frame and promptly throws up, only just making it to the toilet bowl. He hates being sick. "Beth?" He calls pathetically to the bedroom, his voice hoarse and week. "Beth?" He gets louder, not taking a second to worry about waking Georgia. "Baby?"

"What?" She calls back impatiently as she finally gives up on sleep having been initially woken by the string of expletives that left John's mouth when he walked into the door frame.

"I'm sick!" He's clutching the toilet bowl as another wave of nausea hits, the cool porcelain feels pleasant on his clammy palms.

"I know, I can hear you chucking your guts up, you're making me feel ill. You could have at least closed the door."

"I need you," he whines.

"No, you don't. And make sure you brush your teeth before you come back to bed."

"You're supposed to love me," he huffs.

"I do love you, but I don't need to see your spew." It's important to maintain a sense of mystery in a relationship, that's what they say isn't it?! However, Beth knows that over the years they have shared so much that she isn't sure there's any mystery left.

The wave of relief that always follows a vomiting episode washes over John, he washes his face and brushes his teeth before he returns to bed. "It's freezing, " he complains snuggling against Beth causing her to squeal and shudder as he places a cold hand on her stomach.

"Get off me," she cries, aware that unlike yesterday afternoon when they got home from the match, Georgia is probably home now and in danger of hearing them.

"No," he nuzzles her neck, dragging his lips against it, at least his breath is warm even if his fingers are like ice. "Love you," he whispers in her ear, she places her hand on top of his, instantly warming him before she turns her head to nudge her nose against his. He doesn't think he can remember a time when he didn't love her.

"Beth?" There's a flicker of amusement in his voice. "Why's there a straw in my water?!"

"Because you wanted it."

"And the sandwich?" There's a now stale ham and cheese sandwich on the bedside table, completely uneaten.

"You wanted that too, and a cuddle, and me to shut up, then you asked me to do anal, but I drew the line at that..."

"Did I actually?!" His eyes bulge out of his head in horror.

"No," she laughs. "But you were very demanding."

"Sorry," he kisses her, pinching her chin between his thumb and the fingers it is resting on as he tilts her face towards him.

"Apology accepted," she kisses him back allowing his fresh minty breath to replace the taste of alcohol lingering in her mouth. He can't resist a cheeky grope of her boobs and the happy little gurgle Beth gives has him hardening against her.

"Did we have sex last night?!" He moves so he is on top of her, sliding between her legs as she opens them for him. She's wearing a satin slip with a lacy bodice cupping her boobs, "You look amazing."

"What?!" He splutters slightly, thrown by the utter look of disdain Beth is wearing.

"I'd like to think you'd remember if we had," she tickles his waist and he wriggles against her, the movement sparking desire in her. "You were too tired," she reminds him, not bothering to mention he was also so very drunk.

"Am an idiot," he says sleepily; he thinks he's probably only half-awake, definitely still a little bit pissed but also so very hard, already turned on by the mere sight of her. "You're so sexy."