Chapter 23

"What time is it?" Beth snuggles closer to John who is already awake, lying on his back, holding his phone above him as he scrolls through the rest of the team's social media posts from the evening before, leaving reactions and comments. He's posted a few stories of his own and he watches them back, cringing at little at his drunken exploits and smiling at all the heart reactions a clip of him with one arm around Beth, and the other in the air as he sung along to a City chant, has received.

"Just after 9," he puts his phone down and strokes her hair as she lays her head on his chest.

"John!" She sits upright, almost smacking her forehead against his chin in her haste, her heart starting to pound. "My alarm didn't go off!"

"I turned it off," he says disinterestedly. "If you didn't want me to, you should change your pin." It's his birthday. After leaning over Beth's sleeping body to take her phone, he had been dismayed to find that her lock screen no longer featured him, instead, it was a picture of Maxi snuggled up in a blanket. Her home screen however does feature him, a selfie they took in bed the morning they woke up together at the beginning of the month. He doesn't have it and he had made a mental note to get her to send him it.

"Why'd you do that?! I should be at work!"

"No," he grins as he puts his phone down and rolls on top of her, pining her to the bed with his weight. "You're sick. I called and told them you're spending the morning in bed." He grins down at her with full lips begging to be kissed.

"What did you tell them?"

Beth's reservations are momentarily brushed away by a kiss. One that starts out soft and tender before intensifying as her hands clutch at John's back, dragging along his spine. One day off won't hurt, she's never ill.

"Told him you're feeling a bit flushed," John grins down at her once he has pulled away, Beth's cheeks are indeed a bright pink. "And your heart is racing," he places a hand across her chest where her pulse is rapid. He runs a hand down her side, his thumb skimming across her breasts then dipping to the curve of her waist. "You're just very, very hot."

"John! I'm gonna get sacked." There's panic in her eyes that only fuels his amusement, it is not like Beth to get this wound up about shirking responsibilities.

"That'd be okay," he slips a hand underneath the t-shirt of his she has worn to bed, his hand is cold, and she shivers slightly at his touch. "You could come live here with me, and I'll look after you, I'll buy you all the handbags you want."

"I'd get bored!" Beth can't imagine a life where she didn't have to go to work, she loves her job so much that it doesn't actually feel like one. Her time working at reception was shit, but what she is doing now is never dull, and she loves getting to work so closely with the players and living their highs and lows with them. "What would I do all day?!"

"Sleep late, play with yourself in the shower when you're thinking of me, have some breakfast..."

"Is this what you do on your day's off?!" She interrupts.

"Might be," he smirks, his hands have found her breasts now. He tugs up her t-shirt so he can expose them fully, her nipples are as hard as rocks. "After breakfast you can go back to bed to wait for me to come home and shag you silly."

"As long as you're not injured?!" Underneath the duvet she runs her hand up his poorly leg, in the cold light of day she thinks what they did last night probably wasn't their greatest ever idea, but it felt so good. She feels her clit twitch at the memory of it, after John had come, he had used his thumb and index finger to pinch her sensitive spot until she had come for a second time, he'd watched her determinedly, biting down firmly on his lip as he'd had to stop himself from groaning out loud at the pleasure just watching her come gave him.