21. Fight My Way Through To You

CRASH

The Knights further down the corridor along with the servants jumped in terror at the sudden crash and clatter, peeking around the side. The Knights grasped their sword hilts as two bodies rolled on the marble floor with the broken door crumbled all around them.

The two figures straightened up, a chilly aura emanating as a figure of black and red straightened.

But the Croix knights froze in terror as the other figure slowly straightened, climbing to their feet, log blonde hair in a braid fluttering behind her as she raised her head.

Icy blue eyes blazed like a vicious fire.

Her hands cracked at her side, stained red from blood that was seeping through her tunic but she remained unbothered as if it was but a mere scratch. She crouched in a stance, lips curling darkly.

"This is treason against the Royal Family and for that, you will answer to the me."

The assassin smirked, arm curling behind him as he grasped something in the back of his belt. Agnes wasn't blind and indifferent to her situation. She was caught off guard stupidly and was now paying the price as her side ached, a dull throb radiating through her. She wasn't going to die so easily, she'd been through far worse but still the situation was precarious.

But-

"As her highness wishes."

Her eyes followed his arm slipping behind his back and her hands burned, the skin glowing as steam rose up and flickers of ember flickered through the tips of her fingers.

Thankfully, she was capable of fighting til the time was right.

He gripped the knife-

Agnes narrowed her eyes, tensing in her spot as she waited-

He lunged forward in a blur of black and red-

Agnes smirked.

The time was just right!

Duke Croix stared at his daughter with deer eyes, startled and almost terrified as they seemed to burn. Maximilian stood over him as he had stumbled back, falling on the chair, cane cluttering loudly that rang loudly in the air. Her grey eyes glinted coldly like a sword ready to slice him down, her face pale but her red hair hung around her deep red making her pale features appear more stark and her grey eyes sharper than ever. Her stance straight as she glared down at him, her hands clenched at her side.

The Duke shuddered, backing up as he tried to regain his control and scrambled for his cane-

"N-no!"

His hand froze a hair-widths away from the cane as Maximilian moved, having reached for something on the desk and pointing at him with a letter opener, the sharp end pointing straight at him like her eyes.