5. Treacherous Roads 4

The assassin froze, the tip of his dagger barely a centimeter away from the knights open neck-

The cold green eyes flickered to the corners of his eyes, casually eying the dagger mere seconds from his neck, a chilling smirk on his face.

"Nice try."

The chilling tip of a sharp blade could be felt through the assassins clothes against his abdomen, forcing his body to tense immediately in retreat. Or fight back quickly.

The assassins sword drove downwards the knights neck-

"You didn't have a chance." The dagger nicked his neck armour but barely fazed Hebaron as he gripped the wrist, twisted the knife away from his neck before the assassin could blink. Hebaron yanked them out of their hiding spot, his elbow slamming against their throat, cutting off any sound as quickly swept his feet across the assassins legs, knocking them to the ground. Their head slamming hitting the ground, knocking him out effectively.

The assassins as they drove their swords to the sleeping figures heard the commotion but their swords cut through the blankets-

And rocks.

And earth.

Crumbling to their feet's as the helmets rolled away with a simple clank and thump and the blankets flattened after the mounds were heavily disturbed, disturbing the assassins who faltered in shock.

The ones at the carriage faltered as the form barely moved, the slight hiss of dirt dropping on the floor caught their ears-

It all happened in five seconds.

Five seconds was all the assassins needed.

But that was all they needed.

"SHIELD!"

From within the darkness, two voices yelled together, echoing in the night and suddenly there was an exploding frenzy of white-blue light bursting on both sides of the roads. The screams echoed through a thunderous torrent of blasting air as it whipped around everyone, dazzling crackling beams of blue and white jutting around and the assassins stumbled, yelling in outrage and shock as they were shoved back by a sudden barrier.

A barrier that caged around them.

The shadows grimaced at the bright light shimmering and crackling around them, holding all ten of them in, and emerging from the tents, several knights came through, weapons drawn and some appeared from beneath the carriage and shadows from the tree branches.

And across from the other, hands out, palms open, two wizards stood, light glimmering from their palms as they held the shield in place. A young man with white hair and a cold sullen gaze.

And the Lady of Anatol, her eyes blazing pale silver blue in the light.