12. The Do It Yourself

He raised his arm-

The lady laughed, her eyes flitting around, barely falling on him, her neck...smooth and soft and in reach of his blade once he raised it-

NOW-

"Maxi!"

He faltered only slightly, mind in turmoil as he gnashed his teeth in dark fury.

Fuck!

His arm only barely raised, he lowered quickly, scratching his thigh to avoid suspicion. The lady and her maid stopped in their steps, making his attack impossible...

Especially when the Lord appeared around the corridor the women came from, striding towards the Lady. His dark eyes sweeping towards the lady, as a warm smile graced the mans sharp features and the lady smiled and reached a hand to him as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, placing himself beside her.

The fucker! I'll be happy to get rid of you first.

"Maxi, it's cold and you keep forgetting your cloak-"

"I'm f-fine-"

"I still say it's too cold. Plus you're still recovering." The lady just rolled her eyes as they started towards, leaning into her husband's side as he coolly kept his eyes forward.

"I'm fine t-though..." The lady's eyes landed on him as he passed, the polite smile on her face turning into a slightly puzzled frown but he kept his eyes from looking at her as he strode past, bowing respectfully as they passed him.

He gritted his teeth in annoyance as he listened to the Lord and Lady along with a maid leave the hallway, glaring over his shoulder as he furrowed his brow, watching them disappear around the corner before turning back.

Hm...she's sharper than I gave her credit for...maybe, she might recognise me.

It didn't really bother him. If she did recall seeing him before, he'd be dealing with her soon enough. Shrugging it off, he turned into the kitchen, a quick glance around showing only a couple workers inside and the obvious dishes inside.

He just needed the right objects to do as he pleased.

He slipped past the group, leading out into the dining hall which didn't have anyone inside yet-

Not yet but very soon. He had to be quick.

His eyes slipped to the middle of one long table, two goblets that didn't stand out so much as the others but one was far too dainty and smaller compared to the rest of the goblets in the entire hall. Passing down the table slowly, reaching into his pocket, he untwisted the cap, grabbing a handkerchief, tipping it over and allowing the liquid to soak up the fabric-

"What are you doing in here?"

He smiled at the guard, eying him in confusion as he raised one of the pitchers of ale and poured it into a glass, tossing some of it back. The guard watching him frowned and shook his head.

"I certainly hope you're off duty-"

"Of course I am. I'm not some idiot. I'm ready to retire for sleep now." He snorted in response, finishing his drink as he acted in a slightly foolish manner and placing the pitcher back down and his empty cup a little harder than needed. It knocked over a couple of glasses around his and he grumbled.

"I think you've drank enough tonight-"

"Yes. Yes, I'm cleaning up now." He quickly wiped the wiped the fallen goblets with his handkerchief, applying the damp part of his cloth against the rim of both drinks. "There. Clean. And I will take this with me." He filled his glass again but halfway as he strolled out of the room. "I'll see you around if I'm not dead."

He acted the part and left the dining hall as voices grew louder, several knights of various ages and of mostly massive sizes and heights shifted past him as he leaned against the wall, waiting and sipping his drink. His gaze followed his two targets as they moved with the crowd, the Lord's arm still wrapped around her shoulders and she was laughing aloud at what someone said as they all disappeared into the dining hall.

Hm...it was going to be a bit of a mess tonight.

Smirking, he strolled away, chucking the alcohol down a pot and strolling away into the shadows until it was time.

Or if it was over.

I hate hearing them scream but this shall be entertaining.