11. If You Want Something Done...

The wagon rocked violently over the uneven roads, tempting the barrels to break through the ropes, some which were frayed but still managed to hold together until the road smoothed out as the gates of the city approached closer. He settled calmly at the back of the wagon, leaning his chin on his knees as he slipped in the back of the wagon, hiding beneath the tightly wrapped tarp protection.

He felt the wagon come to a jolting stop, the horses snorting in irritation and voices approaching, checking identification of every traveller.

"Ah, Aderon Suner, back at it again." Someone boomed a laugh.

"Indeed I am. My pride and joy lately has been my work here. I had heard there had been trouble with the Lord and Lady and considering their mostly generous ways, I had brought further provisions that I believe would be most welcome."

"Ah, alcohol! Pride and joy indeed." There was more laughter and jokes shared as he slumped in the shadows, cloak drawn up tightly over him as he waited patiently. Let them mutter and joke amongst themselves...night will fall soon enough.

Night is easier to remain hidden.

"Alright, through you go. Probably see you again in the next couple months or so."

"Haha, indeed I would hope so. Whatever Lady Calypse wishes for, I will happily pursue it." There was a click and the horses moved, jolting the wagon and the ropes creaked a little but he slumped back comfortably, feeling as though he may rest as he was now.

Soon enough he would plan how this was to go. So far, he knew it would be easy enough but the matter of bringing a live captive was not really his forte. He was more preferable to being paid for a job that ended with death for his victims.

Scowling as he glanced at the short script from the Duke, the words demanding and stiff and he smirked, pocketing the piece of paper into his jacket. He had ways of killing two birds with one stone.

He just needed the right moment.

He could hear the sounds of a lively bustling city, one that had grown enormously these past few years since in the hands of that Calypse fellow and even he was impressed. Greatly impressed. Short amount of time much had been accomplished. The man was truly the definition if impressive. Which would make killing him the greatest feat he could've ever accomplished.

He had afterall, never failed to kill.

His crew was dead so it was just him for now but he was his own person and he would have to diligently follow that persistent thought of accomplishing his own tasks.

If you want something done, then you have to do it yourself.

---

The merchant didn't bother attending to the castle gates, merely parking in the city near an inn and as it grew darker he found his moment of ease come by and slipped out of the tarp covered wagon and slipping on a basic cloak so as not to long odd, hunched over as though he was cold as he strolled down the cobblestone paths, ignoring the crowd around him as he slipped through alleyways, dodging in and out until he was moving through open fields and going the long way around of the castle walls.

He found a place North where he could hide behind some rocks and trees, casually watching in the brush as the guards watched atop the castle walls. He took his time watching as the sky grew darker overhead, making his cover much easier. There was no moonlight tonight and therefore a lot of shadows.