Prologue

Treacherous roads lie ahead.
Everyone assumed thigs were done now that Midahas was beaten and killed after kidnapping Maxi but turns out there was more going in the background than anyone realized. Someone wants Maxi and Riftan out of the way.
And they'll do whatever they must to achieve that.

Riftan has no plans to allow anymore horrors to befall Maxi, if someone wants him gone, they can come after him. They just wont have a chance.
Maxi loves Riftan with everything in her. And she will fight to keep her hardest to keep herself and Riftan safe. At any cost.

---

Her side throbbed painfully, it will bruise later and her ankle hurt but she didn't care. Not anymore. The treacherous eyes stared at her stunned, meeting hers like they stood on either side of the battlefield.

Maxi hoped she would never actually get to see or experience at battlefield. She's seen wars, wars with monsters but a war with humans. She didn't want that.

But this...if this had to come to war, then so be it.

"I am L-Lady Calypse, t-the Lady of Anatol! I was a Duke's daughter - no l-longer," Her fists clenched tightly at her side as she trembled in anger but she kept her chin high, the shadows filtering over her, making her appear lethal and deadly. "But I was also R-Roem royalty! I care not for...titles b-but if I must utilize it to k-keep everyone I love safe, then by god, I will use everything I have to destroy you."

The chess piece clattered to the floor with a painful thud.