I now open the pack of bacon and place four pieces in the pan. I walk past Jackie and Zayn before grabbing an avocado from the fridge. I then pick up a knife and I start cutting it. I throw out the pit before peeling off the skin. I start swiftly slicing the avocado into thin layers.

I glance at the bacon still cooking on the pan before placing a slice of avocado on top of both eggs. I put the rest of the avocado into a plastic bag. I put it and the cheese back into the fridge. I place the knife in the sink before grabbing the ketchup from the fridge.

I open the top and I do a fancy zig zag line across both eggs with the avocado on top. I put the ketchup back into the fridge and I grab a tong. I turn the bacon over before getting Clark's coffee ready, which is easy since he takes it black.

I set Clark's coffee aside before heading back over to the stove. I now turn it off and use the tongs to place two pieces of bacon on both plates. I set the tongs down before picking up the plates and Clark's coffee.

I head over to the booth he's sitting at and I set everything down. I sit across from him before rolling my hoodie sleeves up more. I sip my tea before picking up my fork.

"Thank you." Clark tells me and I nod before I start eating.

"That looks a little heavy for Psych 101." I comment.

"I'm just trying to get a handle on what my dad's going through. You know, the surgery and everything." He starts eating. "This is great."

"Thanks." I reply. "When I was in the hospital, the doctors told me that depression's pretty common after a major surgery. But you can't get something you already have." I sip my tea again.

"He's just not the same dad I know. He keeps talking about all these opportunities he missed in his life."

"It's gonna be okay. There isn't anything that you can't recover from."

"What if you screw up something so badly you can never get it back?"

"Well, I guess that depends on how determined you are, Kent."

"Like you?" Clark questions and I look up, now locking eyes with him.

"Eat your food. Fry your brain later." I continue eating before sipping my tea once again.

    ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hi, mom. You must be out looking for dad too. I think I have an idea where he is. I'll see you soon." Clark hangs up. "Thanks for the phone." He hands me my phone before turning away.

"What's going on?" I now turn him back to face me.

"My dad kind of went AWOL. He was halfway through unloading the feed run, and he just jumped in his truck and took off."

"He what?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, Brianna, it's just...he's never done anything like this before. I didn't mean to unload on you like that."

"I care about your father very much, don't you dare apologize."

"My dad cares a lot about you too." Clark nods and we start to stare at one another. "Brianna?"

"Yeah?" I softly say.

"I—" His eyes dart around my face.

"Yes. I'll help you find your dad. Let's go." I turn and exit my room.