Volume 3 - Chapter 7 - Honesty

Akira's POV

The Island Exam had commenced and the results were in. For the past ten minutes, we've been packing our belongings and eagerly awaiting for our teacher to call us to the starting point. Finally, that time had come.

We all proceeded to the initial starting point of the exam and met the four homeroom teachers, seemingly waiting to announce the results and after ten minutes of standing there, they were announced.

Mashima-sensei held the microphone close to his mouth and said.

Mashima: "The Results are in."

Silence overwhelmed us students as we all stood there waiting in agony. However, what was said next, rocked us to our cores.

Mashima: "Well now, we will announce the rankings of the Special exam. The lowest is class C with 0 points."

I heard Sudo's laughter from Class D's side bellowing over.

Sudo: "Zero Points? That's what that bastard deserves."

I turned my head to Ryuen who was stationed in Class C's section next to Sudo. His face was stoned in shock, it was rather hilarious to see.

Mashima: "Subsequently, in third place is Class A with 120 points. Second place is Class B with 140 points."

The commotion broke out even before Mashima could finish.

Mashima: "And Class D...."

It was as if Mashima-sensei himself couldn't believe what he was reading.

Mashima: "Got first place with 225 points. This concludes the announcement of the test Results."

I looked over at Class D's side, many of them were confused and many rejoiced. Yet one man remained unfazed by the entire situation.

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji's face remained stern as I stared at him as he hadn't realized the intense gaze I was directing at him. The people around me hadn't seen to notice me either as they were all focused on one thing.

Hashimoto: "What's the meaning of this Katsuragi?"

Hashimoto was seemingly starting to instigate a riot against Katsuragi in light of the results just now. The crazy part was that it was working.

Shimizu: "Something's wrong, what do they mean by those results?"

The noise around me became louder and louder that I simply couldn't hear myself think. We were allowed two hours to pack and play independently thus I decided to take a walk along the beach.

Away from the noise and everything. I had a lot on my mind to think about. That idea of thinking was interrupted almost immediately, however.

Hashimoto: "Aki! Wait!"

Running behind me to catch up was Hashimoto, holding Kamuro by the wrist as Kito followed behind.

They eventually reached it, Hashimoto was panting and out of breath while both Kamuro and Kito simply stood there out of breath. Kamuro however, was looking away, desperately turning to avoid eye contact.