Volume 2 - Chapter 9 - I'll Save You

Kamuro's POV

I arrived at class ten minutes before the start. Mashima-sensei hadn't arrived yet but the class was more active than ever.

There was a massive swarm of people surrounding my desk and the nearby area. The cause of this event was his return.

Kawakami was seated at his desk surrounded by the majority of the class. I scanned the room and meet Sakayanagi already seated. I walked over to her and took a seat next to her, waiting for the crowd to disperse. She took the opportunity to tease me, however.

Sakayanagi: "Seems as though you have a lot of competition Masumi-San."

I sighed exasperatedly upon hearing that.

Me: "No clue what you're talking about."

Sakayanagi: "Fufu yeah right."

She leaned into me, whispering in my ear.

Sakayanagi: "Say I heard Nakajima-San asked for Akira's number, and he gave it to her."

Me: "So?"

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, you're so easy to tease Masumi-San, look you're already turning red. What if they start texting and then end up doing-."

Luckily Mashima-sensei had walked into the class and the swarm of people at my desk dispersed. I took the opportunity to dash away from Sakayanagi before she could finish her sentence. That didn't stop me from being mad at him though. As I approached my desk, I noticed Kawakami watching me from the corner of my eye.

He waved at me but I ignored him.

How dare you give another girl your number?

I sat down in my chair and took out my books for class, waiting for Mashima-sensei to officially start.

Time Skip - After School

The Sakayanagi's group waited outside of the class for Kawakami who was currently trapped inside. A few students were engaging in conversation with him, seemingly exchanging contact information.

Kawakami's return sparked a sudden rise in his popularity. It may be because of that new fresh scar he had above his eye from the fall, the fact that he isn't wearing those goofy glasses anymore or people using this opportunity to get to know him.

I knew one thing however, more and more competition was arising. Kawakami was always ranked high in girl's Ikemen list but now he's debatably the consensus rank 1 in our school year.

He finally stepped outside and the group walked together to the Karaoke Parlor. We were going there in celebration of Kawakami's return to class. It was also a Friday thus we'd be able to stay out later than usual.

Hashimoto kicked off the conversation, throwing himself on Kawakami.

Hashimoto: "Well guys, only four days until the island exam, are y'all ready?"

Kito nodded to him, while Sakayanagi simply grinned at him. He continued to lean on Kawakami as we walked.

Hashimoto: "What about you Aki? Are you even able to go?"