Volume 3 - Chapter 6 - What does it mean to be good?

Kamuro's POV

I was hidden in the distance, watching everything unfold. Ayanokoji and Akira's fight was surreal. I had never seen anybody move as fast or attack someone with that sort of strength.

Especially Akira.

The way he moved, it was as if he was trying to kill Ayanokoji.

I was so scared. I stood hidden in the bushes after Kitō, Hashimoto and I split up to find Akira. I was the first and only one to find him. After he had fallen to the floor, I remained there, unable to move. It took a while to muster up the courage to help him after Ayanokoji left but before I could leave my spot. Someone approached him from the opposite direction.

It was Kikyo Kushida.

Kushida: "Kawakami-Kun?"

Her voice echoed throughout the forest yet afterward it was silent. Maybe it was because of my heart shattering inside as I watched them sit beside each other.

Then she kissed him.

I wanted to pull out my eyeballs after seeing that. I continued to watch, however, ignoring the pain in my chest.

That liar.

He and Kushida hugged again and she started to leave.

That's when I left the vicinity and rejoined Hashimoto and Kitō.

Hashimoto: "Masumi? Did you find him?"

I tried to ease my breathing and conceal the pain on my face. However, it wasn't enough to pass off. Kito reached towards me trying to support me before I collapsed.

Hashimoto: "Masumi!? Are you alright!?"

Me: "Yeah I'm fine, I'm just tired."

I waved off Kito and sat down on the sand below.

Me: "Do any of you guys have any water?"

Hashimoto handed me a bottle and took a massive gulp from it. I noticed his face becoming more perturbed.

Hashimoto: "Easy! We don't have much left."

Me: "Sorry."

I handed it back to him and then we continued our conversation.

Hashimoto: "About Akira, any progress?"

Me: "Yeah, he's just past those bushes."

Hashimoto: "What? Why didn't you just say so? Haha, let's go and get him."

I stood up and walked behind Hashimoto and Kitō as they walked into Akira's vicinity. After about five minutes of walking, we found him. He was still standing in the same spot overlooking the horizon, admiring the sunset.

Hashimoto: "Aki, what the hell are you doing?"

He simply turned and watched us from a side view.

Hashimoto continued.

Hashimoto: "Dude are you good?"