Volume 3 - Chapter 3 - The Great Escape

Kamuro's POV

The evening had fallen and the sky was getting dark. It was finally time to visit the rest of the Sakayanagi's group. I had wondered how the boys were faring since I left them to assist the girl's side of the camp. I walked steadily to the back of the valley to meet the Sakayanagi boy trio, Kawakami, Hashimoto, and Kito. They all sat facing each other in a triangle formation.

Kawakami was the first to spot me however he didn't mention my presence. He simply made eye contact and continued talking to Hashimoto.

Kawakami: "Yeah so I met him and he's the reason for the bruise on my arm."

He flashed his arm to Hashimoto and Kito trying to do it quick enough so I don't see it. I interjected, however,

Me: "What are you guys talking about?"

They all looked at me, it felt as if there was a massive spotlight over my head. Hashimoto patted the floor next to him indicating to me to have a seat. I sat and then he began to explain the situation.

Hashimoto: "Well Masumi, good ole Akira here met our friend Ryuen and they got into a little fight. That's the situation-."

He said this to me while smiling however Kawakami injected swiftly before he could finish.

Me: "Hey! I told you not to tell anyone about this."

Hashimoto simply laughed.

Hashimoto: "Come on Aki, what's the problem? It's only Masumi. She's one of us haha."

Kawakami's sharp gaze struck me for a split second before he averted.

Kawakami: "Anyways, just try to keep the secret okay? Katsuragi's got me on strict surveillance. There's always someone watching me."

Hashimoto: "Haha yeah don't worry."

I turned to Kawakami to confirm what he had just said.

Me: "Watching you?"

Hashimoto: "Haha yeah don't you see, the entire class is watching us periodically. Apparently, there's some sort of bounty on Akira's head, the minute he tries to tell Katsuragi will know."

Me: "Why would you want to leave Akira?"

Kawakami: "I have to, there are spies and I need to find out the truth."

I couldn't confirm whether his reasoning was genuine or not but I knew that once he would leave the campsite, the chances of his expulsion would increase tenfold. I had to stop him from leaving.

Me: "Akira, you should listen to Katsuragi on this one. I know we're on team Sakayanagi but what if something goes wrong?"

He responded swiftly yet harshly.

Kawakami: "Like what?"

Me: "I- I don't know."

Hashimoto chimed into the conversation.

Hashimoto: "Personally I agree with Aki, we need to find out who was spying on us and deal with them. Us sitting on our asses ain't gonna solve anything."