Volume 3 - Chapter 5 - Family

This chapter has a lot of explicit language, you have been warned.

Akira's POV

Me: "HAHAHAHAH!"

From the top of Ayanokoji, I fell from his body. A loud 'thump' followed my body collapsing to the cold grainy sand. We remained silent as we lay next to each other, him on his back and me on my stomach. I couldn't help but think though. Under my breath, I whispered.

The silence continued as we both listened to each other's breathing. Ayanokoji was said to be someone who didn't cry, who didn't feel emotion, a machine, a monster. Yet today I've seen him shed a tear.

He cried.

He felt regret.

A monster?

Me: "The fuck are you crying for? HUH?"

He didn't answer me which caused my raging emotions to explode even more.

Me: "You don't know pain or sadness or anything like that! You're just a hollow monster devoid of any emotion! Don't try to act like you're in pain asshole. You should be in a coma. You should be where my sister is right now!"

I tried to stand but my aching body was heavily disagreeing with me. I immediately fell back down and face-planted against the sand. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. However, that was interrupted by the voice next to me.

Ayanokoji: "If she's your sister then she was her daughter. This makes so much sense."

I turned my head and ended up staring at the side of his face.

Me: "What the hell are you talking about?"

Ayanokoji: "Where'd you get this from?"

He held out my necklace in his hand and extended it toward me. I swiftly grabbed it from him.

Me: "How the hell did you?- when?"

Ayanokoji: "When we were fighting it fell off. I took it and now that I've seen the back, this makes too much sense."

Me: "Dude, what are you talking about?"

Ayanokoji: "Do you recognize this?"

He went into his shirt and pulled out a necklace identical to mine. Except this necklace was even more special.

Me: "The Sky? Wh-Why do you have that?"

Ayanokoji: "This was given to me by my sister. She went by the name Akari Miyagi."

I felt my stomach drop to the floor and my heart pounding ferociously. I stood up off of pure adrenaline and shouted at Ayanokoji who was also slowly getting up.

Me: "DON'T FUCK WITH ME! You think this is some kinda sick joke. Huh?"

Ayanokoji: "It's true. It has to be."

Me: "My mother is your sister? That's what you're trying to tell me."

Ayanokoji: "I know it sounds odd but it's the truth, I can assure you of it."