14| Temper tantrums

Start from the beginning

"P-Please give me another chance, sir."

Oh fuck no, I'm not tolerating anything more with this nameless girl.

I snapped, "Leave."

She sniffled and nodded, she was one of the new strippers from one of my men's clubs. She was new and it was clear as fuck she didn't know head or tail about stripping or my world, she was in it for the money to apparently pay for her deadbeat father's hospital bills. She looked like she was about to cry, she badly wanted me to feel good, she slowly dressed up and begin limping away from me towards to the door.

I let out a frustrated sigh. She was one of the sweet ones. The last thing I needed was her to experience sub drop or feel like shit because of my raging anger issues.

"Wait."

I gave her a nod, motioning towards me, "Come."

Her eyes lit up at my words as she nodded immediately and rushed to sit down by my feet, before I told her anything, I chuckled.

She seemed to be in her own world as she sat on the floor, resting her head on my lap.

I wore my glasses, and began glancing through certain important papers that needed to be signed, when in came my annoying little brother, Romano.

He walked towards my desk and wordlessly placed some files on my desk. He took one glance at the nameless girl and that was enough for her to whimper and cower away in fear.

He then slowly paced around my office till he sat at my desk and pulled out his knife and twirled it around his fingers and simply glanced through the glass walls of my office. He then looked at me and the nameless girl and that's when I saw it in his face.

A look of disappointment.

I immediately felt my grip around my pen tighten as I stared at him.

This wasn't like him at all. He's been acting like this ever since he came back from the stupid shit show that was organized by the Rossi's.

This isn't the first time he's walked into me fucking someone, or the first time he's seen someone sitting down beside my feet. He's walked into worse. He would usually chuckle and goof around or make good jokes about the awkward situation, leaving me no choice but to also laugh heartily.

I speak up, "What's the matter with you?"

His tone was cold and detached as he kept his focus on his knife, "I'm going to be the one asking questions. Not you, brother."

My jaws were clenched, my eyes grew cold involuntarily, but nonetheless, I nodded. That fucking tone, a tone of defiance and arrogance, and the way he refused to maintain eye contact, another telltale sign.

I let it slide knowing he was my little brother.

No one, not even my own father had the audacity talk to me like that in that tone and attitude anymore.

"Why didn't you attend yesterday's event?"

I let out a low sigh as I tossed the pen away on the table, "Because I didn't want to."