𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

10 YEARS AGO

"Matteo, talk to me

"Matteo, talk to me."

Silence.

"What were you thinking when you agreed to this godforsaken alliance, for our Celestina?" My mother spoke in English, to my father, with a tone of urgency, which I failed to understand. 

They both were now in my father's study. 

I spied with my tiny, tired eye; father was pacing his study, and mother was sat in the couch in front of his desk. I was standing outside the door in my nightgown, I was peeking through the small gap left by the large door of his study, as it wasn't completely closed. 

Yes, I was eavesdropping on them, I'm aware that it's wrong to do so, but hey, I ran here to escape from my nightmares and I heard my name, and now I couldn't leave even if I wanted to.

If it helps to make my plight better, I don't understand a word of what they were talking about. I'm yet to learn English. 

Okay, I'll stop justifying my actions.

I'm just a very, very curious person.

Curiosity will always get the better of me even if I'm reminded a thousand times that it killed the cat.

My father was still pacing his study, continuously tapping on the glass of vodka in his hand. "I'm only looking out for her, I'm forming this alliance to make her life easier and I'm the bad guy in your eyes? That's not fair now, is it?" My father questioned my mother.

My mother proceeds to shake her head, her eyes widening.

Why does mother look so hurt?

Why does Father look so defensive?

Is my mother trying to protect me from something? 

I'm perfectly fine now though. 

I sure wasn't fine before, but that was before they rescued me.