THIRTY SEVEN

Janiyah

It was Saturdayyy, one of my favourite days of the week! I was chilling on my bed scrolling through my phone, texting people. School had been mad. Just bare promposals. People were even starting to forget about GCSEs.

My friend from another school even asked me, but I said no lol. I'd been thinking of prom ever since I entered secondary school so I wanted it to be special, meaning the person I had to go with had to be special. I was low-key scared tho, because I had no idea who i was actually gonna go with. I always thought I'd go with Joshua, but you know...life had other plans. The only special boy in my life was Mari and there was no way he would go.

Bare girls would cheat on their prom dates just to be with him anyways. At the same time, I didn't want to go alone especially since pretty much all my friends were having dates. I sighed, confused on what to do when suddenly my phone began to ring.

I smiled as I read "Mari❤️" on my screen. Why was he calling me? I got gassed and danced around my room to the ringtone of my phone. Just seeing this guys name made me happy. I swear I actually love Mari so much!...

How dare I let a boy make me that happy yuck! I stood still, shocked at how I reacted. Like rah, am I becoming a lover girl? That's so disgusting. I was genuinely so disgusted in myself that I let a boy make me so energetic on a Saturday morning. Boys are evil! I accepted the call pissed off.

"Niyahhh!" Mari spoke happily. "What you sayi-"

"What do you want you ugly piece of shit!"

"Ay what!" Mari laughed. "Rah, so no hello, no how are you? No 'Mari I'm so happy to see youuu!'" He continued, imitating my voice.

"Why would I wanna see you!" I yelled into the phone.

"Because you love me init. And you wanna spend time with me. And because I'm at your door right now with Doritos." Mari spoke. I jumped out of my bed.

"Really?!" I gasped as I ran down my stairs and to the house door. I opened the door in full excitement ready to see Mari, however no one was there.

"Nigga I cant see you." I said as i heard Maris laugh from the other side of the phone grow louder and louder. I kissed my teeth. Some dickhead.

"Man said you really fell for it!" He laughed even more. His laugh was so damn contagious, it had me smiling bare.

"You're so wet! You're not even funny!" I replied, making sure he weren't aware that I was smiling. He laughed even more as i stood there waiting for him to finish. Man was acting like he was some comedian.

"Jamari Keem, you actually ain't funny. Had me getting out of my room just for you." I sighed.

"Aww, coming out just for me, yeah?" He teased with his sexy voice making me giggle.

"Actually, no." I responded. "I came out for the Doritos."

"And me." He added. I rolled my eyes. He ain't wrong. "Anyways," he continued, "since you're out of your room you might as well come over. Got a free yard and I ain't doing nothing today. And man wants to see you as well, so you coming yeah?"

Before I could reply, he spoke once more, "Nah that ain't even a question fam. You coming over. Go get ready."

"But I didn't even say ye-"

"Niyah. You're coming over. Go get ready." Mari repeated in a serious, deep tone. Damn, I could never say no to that voice.

"But I don't wanna see your ugly face." I whined.

"But I wanna see your ugly face tho. So come fam, unless you want man to drive to your yard and grab you myself." He replied. I hate this guy. There was no way I was getting out of this.