TWELVE

Janiyah

January 7th. First day back at this ghetto school again. I spent New Years chilling in my room. Mari bought me celebrations. He was being bare nice now, and it was cute. Although we didn't talk much since Christmas, he would always check up on me and make sure I was alright, and I appreciated it. He said I would be able to move back home with Jordan in two days, since the feds stopped looking around. A bit risky if you ask me.

During my stay at his house, he finally brought my uniform back. They also fixed Jordan's house after they left it in a mess. The feds didn't find anything in the house, so we were all good, according to Mikes.

It was fourth period and I was taken out of class by Miss Daniels.

"I'm going to ask you one more time," Miss Daniels spoke. "Why were you not at school for majority of last term?"

"I was kidnapped!" I said, telling the complete truth.

"LIES!" She shouted. "You really think I'm going to believe you with these fairytale stories? You're better than this, Janiyah. We're just concerned for you. We tried to reach out to your family whilst you were away, however none of them answered the phone. Is everything alright at home?" She asked.

Thank God mum changed her number and the school didn't know.

"Miss, I actually got kidnapped."

Miss Daniels let out an exhausted sigh.

"If you ain't gonna believe me, then just let me leave." I shrugged.

"No! You are not leaving this room until you inform me on what's happening!"

I kissed my teeth. "Well I already have like 10 times so I'm gonna cut, miss." I said before standing up to leave.

Lunch began and I was sat with my friend group. Donelle and Imani were bare lipsing. Like could they not wait until I finished eating? Some sloppy kisses as well. Tiara must've been thinking the same thing as she kept looking at them, confused. Manny was making fun of Tiara, as usual. Sometimes I forgot that Manny was a gyalis, because he was always with Tiara.

"Nah bruv, your oyster photo is MEADYYYY!" Manny screamed whilst laughing like a cow.

"SHUT TF UP MANNY" Tiara whined sounding like some baby, hitting Manny on the head.

"I ACTUALLY HATE YOU." She cried. "No you don't." Manny replied. Tiara blushed then lightly punched his shoulder. Cuteee!

A few girls walked passed our table

"Oooh, Niyahs back!" One of the girls whispered.

"Is it just me or does she look prettier?"  Whispered another girl. Awww they're too nice.

"Ahlie man, she makes me feel insecure."

"So pretty, just wish she didn't kidnap Jboogz. He's too leng man I miss his sexy face."  Said another girl. Kmt. Whoever made up the lie that I kidnapped Joshua was getting banged Idc.

"Ay Niyahhhh" Daniel said jogging up to me like some dickhead, whilst Mason, Jayden, Carrice, Princess and Chioma followed him over to us. Daniel was one of my good friends but you could never chat to the boy without him mentioning something about football. I understand footballs interesting but some man take it too far, especially them guys that think they're sick bc they're in some academy, but can't kick a ball straight.

I spudded Daniel and the rest.

"School was shit without you yk." Mason said.

"Ahlieee. I missed you arguing with sir in geography!" Said Jayden. Jayden was some light skin don who got bare girls. I used to do a ting with him in year 7, but Idc what anyone says, year 7 relationships don't count. It's too cringe man. One hug got the whole school screaming.