TWENTY

Janiyah

The day went quick and it was now 10pm. I was home alone for pretty much the rest of the day so I spent my time on a call with Chi and Imani singing to them because I'm so good at singing! They're just don't wanna accept it. They're haters, but they secretly love the way I sing.

Although I was a bit mad, since I'd seen my face on a tiktok ship page, and they'd shipped me with some rat (Joshua), overall the day was calm.

I was still on a call with Chi and Imani when I heard Jordan come back with a few others. They sounded pissed, like they were planning to kill someone. Please someone save me from these roadmen.

"DAVE IS BETTER BITCH" Chi yelled into the phone mic. "I DONT APPRECIATE THE DAVE SLANDER!"

"NAH CENTRAL CEE OVER DAVE ANY DAY!" Imani replied.

"Nah shut up, with his shit lyrics. How can I be homophobic, my bitch is gay? How's that an opening line to a song."

"You're acting like Dave's lyrics are any better!" Imani laughed.

"NAHH!" Chi screamed. Imani and I began to laugh so hard. We both knew that she couldn't be talking about Dave's lyrics. His lyricisms insane.

"DONT GET ME MAD!" Chi yelled. "CENTRAL USES AMONG US MUSIC, ABEG SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH IMANI!"

"Ahh ym I'm hungry, so I'm gonna go corner shop real quick." I laughed.

"Don't leave the call. I can't stay on a call with this Dave hating bitch." Chi sulked.

"I ain't hating. I love Dave, but central cees better." Imani replied giggling.

I took the phone with me downstairs and put the volume down low. I entered the living room to see Jordan and his hood friends smoking weed, as usual. Mikes smiled the cutest smile once he'd seen me. I waved at him. He's too cute man!

"Jordannnnn, can I go corner shop real quick. I wanna get Doritos?" I asked, dragging out his name. He nodded slightly, I think he was high or something. I quickly left before he could change his mind and began to put my shoes on.

"Niyah, you wanna buy me sweets?" Chi asked as I put the volume on my phone back up.

"Nigga you buy it yourself you lazy prick." I replied. We spoke on the phone for a while before I put on my coat, ready to leave.

As I opened the door, I felt someone behind me. I turned around.

"Oh my fucking days." I sighed.

"Let's go then." Mari replied.

"What do you mean let's go? Where you going?"

"Corner shop init." said Mari. His voice was so calm and smooth.

"Nigga I don't need you following me to the corner shop. It's like 2 minutes away." I stated, getting pissed. Mari shrugged. I sighed and exited the house. I quickly told Chi and Imani that I had to go before leaving the call.

"Don't you get tired of fucking babysitting me?" I asked as we walked through the dark empty street to the corner shop.

Mari kissed his teeth. What's with this guy never answering my questions. I began to get mad.

"You're acting like the oppsssss are tracking my phone and they know where I am all the time!" I yelled, my voice echoing.

"Icl, that might be the case yk." He replied. I rolled my eyes. What's he on about.

"Two of our ygs." Mari began. "Dead." I gasped. That just got bare dark out of no where. No wonder my brother was always coming home mad. Imagine if the ygs that died were Donelle, Leon or Manny. I looked at Mari, intrigued on what he was saying.