THIRTY ONE

Janiyah

*very rushed chapter sorry😭😭"

We stared at each other for what felt like ages. Leon, Chi, Donelle and my hands were still held up in the air, when finally Imani slowly put the gun down. Thank God. Phew.

She stepped to the side, allowing us to come in. The house was an absolute mess. It smelt like cigarettes and weed. Bare dirt was on the floor, I swear I saw a rat run past me. Balloons and smart whips allayed about. The house was a shambles man. We sat down on random chairs in an empty dark room Imani led us into.

I had so many questions, but the main question in my head was

What the actual fuck is going on?

"I need time to process everything" Imani sniffed. "I'll be back. You guys stay here." She said and she left the room and closed the door.

The four of us all stared at each other baffled.

"Bro, is she possessed?" whispered Leon.

"That ain't Imani fam. That's a fucking demon. Did you hear her growl!?" Donelle whispered back.

"Guys stfu! I think she's listening!" Whispered Chi. We all sat silent, listening to see if Imani was on the other side of the door.

"Yeahh she's defo listening." Chi whispered breaking silence.

"I didn't even hear nothing." I replied causing all of them to "shhhh" at me.

"I say we dip! Just leave right now! Oh my days fam, i should've gone with Manny and Tiara." Donelle sighed, still whispering.

"Ah, just shut up! This Imani girl causing all this wahala! If we leave now, it'll just get worse. I ain't got time for this shit. Let's just stay for now abeg." whispered back Chi.

I kissed my teeth. Are we them stupid people in horror films to be staying?

Donelle kissed his teeth. "Then why don't we just tell her mum that she's here?" He suggested suggested, causing all of us to screw him.

Leon rolled his eyes. "That's what Tiara said" he began, "but you told her to shut her mouth you fucking dickhead!"

"Nah don't blame this on me!" Said Donelle putting his hands up in defence. "Plus it's Niyah that's the dickhead. That demon had a gun to your head and the first thing you asked was to come inside the house. Tapped guy" He continued.

"Donelle shut your dirty mouth before I shank you up! Plus that demon was making out with you the other day fam shut up Donelle!" I laughed raising my voice.

Chi began to giggle. "Nahh but Niyah, you wasteman, what's wrong with you, about 'we can talk about it inside!'"

"You're the one that said we should talk to her then go home in the train!"

"Yeah that was before she had a gun to your fucking head!" Chi laughed even harder. "You're actually so tapped it's funny."

How's she just casually laughing at the fact that I could've died for like the fourth time this week? Her laugh lowkey had me laughing. She looks so ugly when she laughs.

Icl, it was stupid to not run away, but I weren't gonna admit to that because I didn't wanna look an idiot in front of all these idiots.

"For once Manny was the only smart one." Smiled Leon. He was actually right, Mr 2's in his GCSEs actually used his brain for once. However, I told myself that staying was the right thing to do, as we'd help Imani as well as her family.

Suddenly, my loud ass ring tone that's "Last Last" by Burna boy started playing causing all of us to jump and "shhh" at the phone. I answered it quickly then put the volume down.